Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/24/07 Minor League updates

Re: 8/24/07 Minor League updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That Cueto kid really likes to hurt peoples feelings with all of those strikeouts.
    Considering the out of nowhere abomination his last start was, he wasn't very happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cueto: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 K
    The kid is just silly right now.

Final in 10: Columbus beats Lousiville and Marcus McBeth 12-9. McBeth gave up 5 hits and 3 runs in the 10th.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Considering the out of nowhere abomination his last start was, he wasn't very happy.
    Aronchis, these minor leaguers aren't the pouters you display them as.

You do know that as a minor league pitcher, Cueto is going to have his bad starts and that he's not going to consistently mow down hitters every time out. And considering that his K's and control were actually pretty good, his start seemed to be more of the bad luck variety than anything.

Suggesting Cueto is pissed every time he has a poor game has been a tiresome read, as you really don't have the inside information to pass this information as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Aronchis, these minor leaguers aren't the pouters you display them as.

You do know that as a minor league pitcher, Cueto is going to have his bad starts and that he's not going to consistently mow down hitters every time out. And considering that his K's and control were actually pretty good, his start seemed to be more of the bad luck variety than anything.

Suggesting Cueto is pissed every time he has a poor game has been a tiresome read, as you really don't have the inside information to pass this information as fact.
    Just wasn't "one minor league" game. Johnny spent the entire first half of 2007 pouting in Sarasota mad he didn't get promoted to AA from the get go. Cueto has shown a high tendency for immaturity if he doesn't get his way.

Just wasn't "one minor league" game. Johnny spent the entire first half of 2007 pouting in Sarasota mad he didn't get promoted to AA from the get go. Cueto has shown a high tendency for immaturity if he doesn't get his way.
    And how do you exactly know this. Do you know Johnny personally?

Not to be snippy Aronchis, but you act like you have insider information when you at no point have really suggested you actually do.

These types of actions can't be found in the numbers. So how do you figure that Cueto (amongst others) are constantly whining like little children? Or how do you know Votto's pouting caused him to struggled for a couple of games and then proceed to smoke the ball?

And how do you exactly know this. Do you know Johnny personally?

Not to be snippy Aronchis, but you act like you have insider information when you at no point have really suggested you actually do.

These types of actions can't be found in the numbers. So how do you figure that Cueto (amongst others) are constantly whining like little children? Or how do you know Votto's pouting caused him to struggled for a couple of games and then proceed to smoke the ball?
    It is all suspect. But that is the fun of it. Most thought Cueto would go to AA off the bat and he didn't. He underperformed during his time in Sarasota. He goes to AA lights it up and gets a quick promotion to AAA. Holds his own, but gets domoted. Then ends up giving up a whopping 13 hits in 5.2I. I would say his head wasn't in that game.

No "absolute" proof. But some evidence is there that Cueto needs to mentally toughen up.
    Last edited by Aronchis; 08-24-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

It is all suspect. But that is the fun of it. Most thought Cueto would go to AA off the bat and he didn't. He underperformed during his time in Sarasota. He goes to AA lights it up and gets a quick promotion to AAA. Holds his own, but gets domoted. Then ends up giving up a whopping 13 hits in 5.2I. I would say his head wasn't in that game.

No "absolute" proof. But some evidence is there that Cueto needs to mentally toughen up.

13 hits is alot, but considering the fact he still struck out alot of hitters, it could be that he simply had a bad luck BABIP game, as all pitchers do from time to time.

But you do this every time. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but minor leaguers aren't the fragile children you make them out to be.

Considering Cueto maintained good peripheral stats in his start, it could have been nothing more than hits finding the right holes, and a poor defensive effort.

But you do this every time. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but minor leaguers aren't the fragile children you make them out to be.

Considering Cueto maintained good peripheral stats in his start, it could have been nothing more than hits finding the right holes, and a poor defensive effort.
    or Cueto's stuff is good enough to continue getting k's while his lack of focus kept the hits on coming. We don't know, that is whats fun. It could be anything. Just his "implosions" come at interesting times.

or Cueto's stuff is good enough to continue getting k's while his lack of focus kept the hits on coming. We don't know, that is whats fun. It could be anything. Just his "implosions" come at interesting times.
    That's fair. All I'm saying is that these players aren't drama queens.

Maybe there's the odd game where they lose their focus for whatever reason. Perhaps last time around was indeed the case for Cueto. But neither of us is really in line to say these types of things so matter of factly. Perhaps I'm jut being a stickler and I'm the only one who sees it that way, but I really doubt that every decent Reds prospect is pissing and moaning every time they don't get their way.

I think hes a mean spirited kid but I only suspect that.

It is good to see Cueto seems to have gotten back on track tonight. I believe he will help the Reds in several years.

Why was Cueto sent down again? Good job Wayne.

He was sent down to help Chattanooga in their playoff run. I would expect him to start next year at Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?