Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday August 25th minor league updates

Re: Saturday August 25th minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    That's not a good reason....

For some people, anyway.
    Lol thats ok, as long as Homer doesn't hurt his arm this season, I could care less about his results from this point forward.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    When Hughes came back from his groin, he didn't have that much of a problem. He threw 2 hittless innings in high A. Dominated in 7 innings in AA his next start.

Why I hate to say it, Bailey is pitching like he is damaged goods. Yellow is flashing.
    And I am sure at some other point somewhere a stud came back and got destroyed. Then went on to be fine. Its hilarious that a game you can't see, nor can hear anyone talk about is flashing signs of an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And I am sure at some other point somewhere a stud came back and got destroyed. Then went on to be fine. Its hilarious that a game you can't see, nor can hear anyone talk about is flashing signs of an injury.
    Doug, it is what it is. I am not saying Bailey is badly injured, but something is not right.

Like you, I rejected the tendency to believe Bailey was injured earlier in the season due to he was still hitting up toward 96-97 on some pitches.

But that isn't the early sign of shoulder problems. It is the flat stuff and lack of command. This is troubling. He shouldn't be having this kind of problem and argueably his entire season should have been MUCH better.

I would completely shut him down and give his arm a complete look over to find any structural damage is present.

Something is causing that flatter stuff.

3rd.

Pop Out, HR, BB, K, K
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Something isn't right.... he hasnt pitched ina game in over a month.

As for flat stuff and lack of command, I go with him being inconsistant. When I got to see him pitch every 5 days, he was still throwing some real good pitches at times, he just was inconsistant.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Something isn't right.... he hasnt pitched ina game in over a month.

As for flat stuff and lack of command, I go with him being inconsistant. When I got to see him pitch every 5 days, he was still throwing some real good pitches at times, he just was inconsistant.
    Much more inconsistant than last year. That is the problem. He can k down Sarasota hitters throwing 94-95. That isn't that hard. But to get turned on at will by them is disturbing and indicates his ball is flatter.

Why would Bailey's command take such a SHARP downturn after making good progress in that area last year?

It is troubling.

Becuase he was facing much more professional hitters this year who weren't chasing border pitches like the year before?

Also, I highly doubt you saw him pitch at all last year, so you probably have no clue how 'flat' his pitches were last year.

Has he failed to live up to expectations this year? Probably so. Does it mean that he has some injury? Not at all. Bailey has shown to be a slow starter every year he has played professional baseball. I don't find it strange at all that after a long layoff he isn't at the top of his game.

Louisville is trailing 3-2 in the 8th.

Danny Dorn just hit his 7th HR in Chattanooga who leads 4-1 in the 3rd. Dorn is 1-1 with a walk. He has 7 HR in 63 AA at bats.

Dayton takes a 2-1 lead. Drew Stubbs singled and scored on a Carson Kainer single later in the inning.

I'm sure Homer is just pouting.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm sure Homer is just pouting.
    It's either that or there's a Milo in the Sarasota dugout who's projecting bad vibes.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    It's either that or there's a Milo in the Sarasota dugout who's projecting bad vibes.

James Avery gave up a 3 run HR to allow Tennessee to tie the game at 4 in the 3rd.

Travis Webb has allowed an unearned run for Dayton in 4 innings. 2 Hits, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts.

Turn Off Ads?