Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We WILL win the division THIS YEAR!!!

We WILL win the division THIS YEAR!!!

Gotta Believe
    PDM

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We WILL win the division THIS YEAR!!!

I sure could go for a Cubs loss tonight

Best record in the NL since July 3rd...pretty amazing.

In this division, who knows what can happen? But zacharync is right, we need Chicago to go through a little slide.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Best record in the NL since July 3rd...pretty amazing.

In this division, who knows what can happen? But zacharync is right, we need Chicago to go through a little slide.
    Hopefully we can sweep them out

If people are gonna talk about the Braves/Phils/Yanks, then we are getting in the same range.
    Cubs down 2-0 BTW.

Cubs and Brewers losing right now. I wouldn't count on winning the division, but things could get interesting.
    Ron Popeil apologist.

Cards beat the Braves today. This could be the first time I've ever wanted the Braves to win.
    Most Vottomatic Player

I would like to believe it, but our rotation is up in the air and our bullpen is logging too many innings.

Cubs lose. Only 7 1/2 out! Just think if Pete had been named manager about 2 weeks earlier, I bet we would be within 4 of the lead.

The Brew Crew lost too
    Most Vottomatic Player

We got plenty of games with the Cubs,Brewers and Cards so.......
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

This is nothing short of absurd. By all rights the Reds should be about 20 games back, pondering who they should take with their top 5 pick next year. Yet here they are, just 7.5 back, gaining ground just about every single night. It's a bit much to expect them to continue this torrid pace, but honestly, at this point, I expect them to win every time they take the field.
    Last edited by Screwball; 08-26-2007 at 12:59 AM. Reason: beer

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    We got plenty of games with the Cubs,Brewers and Cards so.......
    6 games with the Cubs
    6 games with the Brewers
    6 games with the Cards
    4 games with the Pirates
    3 games with the Astros
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    This is nothing short of absurd. By all rights the Reds should be about 20 games back, pondering who they should take with their top 5 pick next year. Yet here they are, just 7.5 back, gaining ground just about every single night. It's a bit much to expect them to continue this torrid pace, but honestly, at his point, I expect them to win every time they take the field.
    You've said it all. It IS absurd. But I sure get the sense that they really expect to find a way to win everytime they take the field. To over-use a cliche, that was how the '70's team was. If this a team of the willpower to become a team of "destiny", they will get their chance to prove it. As others have pointed out, look at the schedule. They will go toe to toe with the teams they have to get past. (I'm starting to not hate myself for buying a partial season ticket).

The way the Brewers are still falling like a rock, if the Reds play .500 from here out they will probably get 3rd unless the Pirates stay hot and get by them. Wouldn't it be something if the Reds and Pirates both end up getting by the Brewers?

2nd (over I am assunming the Cards) seems a bit dicey but not outlandish for the Reds. 1.5 games of the difference between the Reds and Cards right now are games in hand to the Cards. That factor could cut either way and is of course totally out of the Reds control. Cardinals also have a fairly tough out of division schedule left with, at the Dbacks and Phillies in StLouis; but the Reds have Metz for 3 in Cincy and the dreaded annual trip to Frisco for 4 on next to last weekend of the season.

Unless they tank, I think the Cubs will win the division. Not because they are playing the best right now but because the math is just too steep for the Reds and Pirates even if they stay as unlikely hot as they have been for the last 2-3 weeks, while the Brewers are self destructing, and the Cubs showed last week they still can handle the Cards head up. Also Cubbie out of division schedule after tomorrow looks the softest to me (Dodgers at Wirgley and Marlins in Miami)

Turn Off Ads?