Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8.26.2007 Marlins @ Reds - Game Thread

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: 8.26.2007 Marlins @ Reds - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hate to bust your bubble vp but they're actually an even 10 games under .500...
    Not at home

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds are 10-3 since David Ross went on the DL and our friend Jorgensen was called up.

just sayin'
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hate to bust your bubble vp but they're actually an even 10 games under .500...
    Aw dang. That sounded a little optimistic since the division leaders are barely over .500 themselves.

What was the stat I heard on TV then?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Aw dang. That sounded a little optimistic since the division leaders are barely over .500 themselves.

What was the stat I heard on TV then?
    .500 at GABP

This season is the equivalent of someone taking a dump in your living room, then having the kindness to install Glade Plug-Ins in every outlet in the house.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Billy Bray looked good again today with a scoreless 9th and two strikeouts. Bray and Burton have been very impressive.

This bullpen has a chance to be pretty darn good here soon. Brad Salmon and Marcus McBeth are two righties with good stuff at Louisville. Tyler Pelland has been terrific since shifting to the bullpen. Josh Roenicke and Pedro Viola have had dominant seasons and both of those guys could reach the majors sometime next season. Hopefully Krivsky has learned his lesson about old relievers.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    This season is the equivalent of someone taking a dump in your living room, then having the kindness to install Glade Plug-Ins in every outlet in the house.
    I think I preferred the jagged rock.

I don't want to start a whole thread for this, but the Tuesday doubleheader at Pittsburgh doesn't even START until 5:05 pm? Is that right?! Crikey, who's going to play the second game? We're even just a few days away from the 40-man.

The Reds are going to be zonked a good part of the week after that. I don't like this. I can only hope that the Reds wrap up both those games tidily in nine...

Does anybody know why they didn't at least push the first game back earlier?

I think I preferred the jagged rock.
    You would.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I don't want to start a whole thread for this, but the Tuesday doubleheader at Pittsburgh doesn't even START until 5:05 pm? Is that right?! Crikey, who's going to play the second game? We're even just a few days away from the 40-man.

The Reds are going to be zonked a good part of the week after that. I don't like this. I can only hope that the Reds wrap up both those games tidily in nine...

Back in the day, they used to call those "twi-light/night doubleheaders"

Damn, I'm getting old...

It is 5:05. They are planning on giving Junior one of the games off and Dunn the other game off during the DH.

By the way the Cubs just lost the Reds are only 6.5 games out of first.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Billy Bray looked good again today with a scoreless 9th and two strikeouts. Bray and Burton have been very impressive.

This bullpen has a chance to be pretty darn good here soon. Brad Salmon and Marcus McBeth are two righties with good stuff at Louisville. Tyler Pelland has been terrific since shifting to the bullpen. Josh Roenicke and Pedro Viola have had dominant seasons and both of those guys could reach the majors sometime next season. Hopefully Krivsky has learned his lesson about old relievers.
    I saw Majewski pitch today, and his ball is moving again. Not sure what adjustment he made, but it's moving away and down from RH hitters. Maybe he's just finally healthy??

If Coffey can make that same adjustment (and I think he can), this can turn into an very good BP.

I see the Reds misspelled Jorgensen's name on his jersey as photographed on p C7 of today's Enquirer. How does that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I see the Reds misspelled Jorgensen's name on his jersey as photographed on p C7 of today's Enquirer. How does that happen?
    And you've followed this franchise for how long...?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    And you've followed this franchise for how long...?
    Actually the Reds do not handle uniforms in that way any longer. George Grande explained yesterday that Majestic does all of that now, and that the Stowe family was able to fix it for him mid game, once the mistake was realized.

When I was a kid, the Reds uni's used to be cleaned at Nu-Look Conlee cleaners on Queen City Avenue. As we drove home from my grandparents house, you could see the uniforms through the window- whoever was having a hot streak had their uniform on the end, in the display window.
    Last edited by Always Red; 08-27-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Turn Off Ads?