Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit where it's due......to Dunn

Credit where it's due......to Dunn

Dunn is probably always gonna be a streaky hitter, but he's truely made some great strides at the plate this year. I've held no punches when ripping him for his inadequacies, so I want to give him credit for what has markedly been a better season that years past.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Credit where it's due......to Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Dunn is probably always gonna be a streaky hitter, but he's truely made some great strides at the plate this year. I've held no punches when ripping him for his inadequacies, so I want to give him credit for what has markedly been a better season that years past.
    agreed
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Yep, hes done pretty good the last few weeks. Hes taken my main complaint and is wiping it off the map.

I love when he has stretches like this. He can carry a team for a couple weeks.

He's actually going with the pitch...the HR he hit last night was actually to left center...what a change.

Not taking anything away from Adam.........but it sure helps when the whole lineup is hitting well. Anyone look at the batting averages of the typical starting lineup these days? Everyone is hitting the snot out of the ball.

In the past, Dunn has slumped in the second half, but he has reversed that so far this year. Kudos to Dunn.

Last night, he hit a broken bat rbi base hit up the middle, something he wasn't doing much of earlier in the year. Good to see. Just as a side not, his K's in August are WAY down (he only has 18, whereas he had 41 in May and 32 in April)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Adam Dunn's August: .274/.419/.658/1.077 with 9 HRs and 23 RBIs (and there's still a few games left against Pirate pitching). He is absolutely tearing it up this month. Perhaps this is a credit to the conditioning program he underwent over the offseason. At any rate, it's A LOT of fun to watch.

I didn't pull any punches when he was stuck in the Dunn Days of Summer, so I have to say he has been pretty darn good, even defensively, of late.

Keep it up, Dunn! Shoot for 50 HR
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

if he can carry us into Sept with a shot at the division thats all we can ask...great job Dunner!
    Reds fan since 1970

Senor Votto

If they pick up his option imagine what kind of year he'll have next year in his contract year

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    If they pick up his option imagine what kind of year he'll have next year in his contract year
    I hope they pick it up. 12 million won't get you much in terms of pitchers this year. People will be bidding 6 mil a year for Linebrink.

I believe they will pick up the option. An extension is a open question, however.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I believe they will pick up the option. An extension is a open question, however.
    I think they will have to. If they want to win the payroll should be up at 80 million dollars. According to Forbes the Reds made 17.9 mil last year. If they are supposedly budgeted to break even they must be saving up for a very rainy day.

although i normally do not think dunn helps the reds, ill give him some props for his recent play. he has been hitting the ball well and to all fields. he has also been pretty solid defensively.

the whole team is playing great... lets hope they can stay hot and make it interesting down the stretch!!

Turn Off Ads?