Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday August 26th minor league updates

Re: Sunday August 26th minor league updates

Frazier and Waring are going to put up some huge numbers next year with a full season

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Billings is down 14-9 in the 9th.

Todd Frazier is 3-for-5 with a single, double, and a triple, leaving him a homerun shy of the cycle.

Brandon Waring is 3-for-4 with a single, two homeruns, 4 RBI, and a HBP. That's 14 homeruns for Waring.
    I've really been following him through the boxscores all year, and he's been impressive. He K's a lot, but he still has a pretty impressive OBP. Sound like anyone we know?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I've really been following him through the boxscores all year, and he's been impressive. He K's a lot, but he still has a pretty impressive OBP. Sound like anyone we know?
    Marty is already getting his criticisms ready.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

In a combined 124 games played this year (NCAA and Billings), Waring has 41 Hr's and 121 RBI

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You have to figure McBeth and Salmon will be recalled next week.
    Then the team could have a bullpen day for the 5th game. And right now that wouldn't be such a bad thing (if Stanton doesn't pitch)

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Yeah. I think so. This pen needs a couple more hard throwers. Who do we have now? Burton, and Bray? Thats horrible.
    I saw Gary Majewski hit 94 on GameDay today. I would have thought we would have seen Salmon and McBeth before now.

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    Adam Rosales hit his second homerun of the night, 17 on the year. Chatt leads 5-2.
    Anyone notice that Rosales played SS today? If he gets back to being a MI, his bat makes him quite a prospect IMO. The Reds could have a team full of versatile young cheap players in the next couple years. Should make the awful bench of 2007 a distant memory.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Anyone notice that Rosales played SS today? If he gets back to being a MI, his bat makes him quite a prospect IMO. The Reds could have a team full of versatile young cheap players in the next couple years. Should make the awful bench of 2007 a distant memory.
    I'll tell what, IMO it's not so bad to be a Red's fan now and for the next 10+ years. I like what I see coming up through the system, and my gut says we will get a couple bushels of pitching in next years draft.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I am actually surprised Pelland's AAA promotion hasn't been brought up more. He has done very well moving up and in some respects has looked better than in AA.

Bruce has definitely surprised to the upside in AAA. He could develope even more aggressively next year. If he is a historical prospect, the Reds have a good/bad situation developing.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Bruce has definitely surprised to the upside in AAA. He could develop even more aggressively next year. If he is a historical prospect, the Reds have a good/bad situation developing.
    The good obviously being he will be an absolute monster on the field. The bad...

Quote Originally Posted by uoduck1017 View Post
    The good obviously being he will be an absolute monster on the field. The bad...
    Trying how to fit him in.

Turn Off Ads?