Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/27/07 - Minor League Updates

Re: 8/27/07 - Minor League Updates

Brandon Waring just homered AGAIN.

He's now homered four times in the past three games and seven times in his last nine games. Last night he homered twice plus flew out to the wall in CF, just missing a 3-HR game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No one ever questioned the kids power. Outside of that two week stretch he has killed the ball all year.

Louisville won 3-2. Jon Coutlangus got the win after striking out 4 in 2.1 innings.

Waring just hit his 2nd of the night, 16th on the year...WOW

Mabey he gets his 3 HR game tonight

Unreal. He did it again. That's eight (8) homers in his last nine games. Eight homers in 33 atbats.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Jon Coutlangus got the win after striking out 4 in 2.1 innings.
    too bad he can't get the first batter out.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    doug, who do you see getting the calls then Aug 31 or Sept 1? It is fun to at least talk about playoff rosters isn't it?

Not Doug, but I'll guess Votto, Coffee, McBeth, Salmon and Coutlangus. I think they'll load up the pen and everyone will get chances to make one last impression this year.

I'd personally cut Stanton loose before 8/31 and add Coutlangus, but that's just me and it won't happen.

I think they hang on to Jorgenson as a third catcher whem Ross comes back too. Seems like I'm forgetting someone else, but not sure.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Unreal. He did it again. That's eight (8) homers in his last nine games. Eight homers in 33 atbats.
    Cold blooded rally killing.

Seriously though, great to see yet another prospect in the Reds' system to be excited about.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No one ever questioned the kids power. Outside of that two week stretch he has killed the ball all year.
    I'm genuinely curious as to what the Reds are going to do with Bruce next year. They have to make room for him and have to let him play every day...somewhere with Griffey, Dunn and Hamilton something has to give. I'm guessing Jr. or Dunn to 1B.

I wonder if Bruce can take the next step -- learning to recognize when he is being pitched around or not being given good pitches and taking the walk. That step will be the difference between Bruce being a great player and Bruce being a superstar in the Pujols form.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Does Bruce get a call up Aug 31 or Sept 1?
    Please not the 31st as they are in Indy this weekend, let us Hoosiers get a chance to see him one more time before he hits the bigs!

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Not Doug, but I'll guess Votto, Coffee, McBeth, Salmon and Coutlangus. I think they'll load up the pen and everyone will get chances to make one last impression this year.

I'd personally cut Stanton loose before 8/31 and add Coutlangus, but that's just me and it won't happen.

I think they hang on to Jorgenson as a third catcher whem Ross comes back too. Seems like I'm forgetting someone else, but not sure.
    I think Dickerson will get the call for pinch running and defensive purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I think Dickerson will get the call for pinch running and defensive purposes.
    That's who I was forgetting. I'd love to see Chris get a look.

In the interview, Krivsky did not sound like he would bring Bruce up this year. "He was only supposed to be at AAA a short time, but he played himself into staying there" Krivsky was impressed by Bruce, but not enough to call him up in September.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    In the interview, Krivsky did not sound like he would bring Bruce up this year. "He was only supposed to be at AAA a short time, but he played himself into staying there" Krivsky was impressed by Bruce, but not enough to call him up in September.
    I honestly think it has more to do with making a roster move than anything else.

One question: Does Bruce use up an option if he is called up this year? The rosters expand from 25 to 40, so maybe you could explain to me why they would not make a roster move.

Turn Off Ads?