Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 8-28 minor league updates

Re: Tuesday 8-28 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not to be a nag, but isn't this what he should be doing at this age at this level?
    Maybe.... but other guys who do it at this level, do they play defense like Drew? It just gets me excited that he has seemingly turned the corner a little bit, which means something has been working for him for his last 230 plate appearances. Thats a good sign.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dragons trail 9-5 T7.
    Turner SS 4 0 3 .312
    Parker 1B 4 1 0 .277
    Stubbs CF 2 2 2 .270
    Francisco DH 3 2 2 .271
    Kainer LF 3 0 2 .297
    Cozart 2B 3 0 1 .235

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Danny Dorn does it again. He just hit another HR (20). That is his 8th in 72 at bats since being called up to Chattanooga. He is 3-3 on the night.
    Dorn continues to impress. He is quickly climbing his way into Reds Top 10 Prospects range.

I'm not worried by one bad pitch out of Maloney tonight, he's still the best looking lefty in the system.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'm not worried by one bad pitch out of Maloney tonight, he's still the best looking lefty in the system.
    I would take Travis Wood over Maloney without blinking. If Coutlangus counts as a part of the system, give me him as well.

HR RBI
    25 88 Bruce
    24 86 Francisco
    22 90 Votto
    20 84 Dorn

Four great power hitting years in the Reds system from Dayton through Louisville. When is the last time four legitimate prospects had productive power numbers? The mark of a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    HR RBI
    25 88 Bruce
    24 86 Francisco
    22 90 Votto
    20 84 Dorn

Four great power hitting years in the Reds system from Dayton through Louisville. When is the last time four legitimate prospects had productive power numbers? The mark of a good system.
    Where the righties?

Come on Stubbs.

I would take Travis Wood over Maloney without blinking. If Coutlangus counts as a part of the system, give me him as well.
    I agree Doug, but is the kid ever going to get healthy? Haven't heard anything from him in a while..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Danny Dorn does it again. He just hit another HR (20). That is his 8th in 72 at bats since being called up to Chattanooga. He is 3-3 on the night.
    If we trade him to the Indians, does Corbin Bernsen get a royalty check?
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    If we trade him to the Indians, does Corbin Bernsen get a royalty check?
    I think he is probably doing fine with his role on Psych (which by the way, if you haven't seen, check it out. Its real good. USA Network, Friday at 10pm.)

Four hits tonight for 20 year old Mr. Castro, Chatanooga shortstop acquired from the Mets for Conine. (Or did we already decide he's no good for some reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Four hits tonight for 20 year old Mr. Castro, Chatanooga shortstop acquired from the Mets for Conine. (Or did we already decide he's no good for some reason.)
    People don't like a Castro at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Where the righties?

Come on Stubbs.
    I don't think it would be a reach to say Brandon Waring will hit close to 30 or more HR next year

I like Wood's stuff better as well, but until he can get healthy and/or start performing, I'll take the guy who's pitching very well in AAA.

Obviously I hope that this is not the case with Wood, but there are many pitchers out there (including one with the same last name) that had filthy stuff but could never throw more than 100 innings in a season.
    Go BLUE!!!

Where do you guys think Dorn starts next season? Any chance he starts the year in Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Where do you guys think Dorn starts next season? Any chance he starts the year in Louisville?
    I see no reason why not
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?