Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Record Against Lefthanders

Reds Record Against Lefthanders

The Reds are now 20-29 against lefthanded starters this year.

Not only is this not a very good record but it seems to me to be a large amount of lefthanded starters. Especially when the Cubs have only faced a lefthanded starter 32 times (They are 12-20 according to Marty).

Im surprised that the disparity is this large considering that within the division the Reds and Cubs should be facing the same teams the same amount of times.

Does anyone know if 49 out of 131 games facing a lefthander is a lot compared to the rest of the league or years past?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Record Against Lefthanders

I know the Reds will likely never have a winning season unless they start hitting lefties better. They are just killing us.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I know the Reds will likely never have a winning season unless they start hitting lefties better. They are just killing us.
    they had like 24 hits today

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    they had like 24 hits today
    But it is a roadtrip at the end of August so you cant expect many of them to come with RISP.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanWC View Post
    But it is a roadtrip at the end of August so you cant expect many of them to come with RISP.
    Especially with the crap we run out there.

It has been frequently posted that we need a right-handed power bat. I think The Trade has helped our bullpen, but we traded away a right-handed power bat in Austin Kearns.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It has been frequently posted that we need a right-handed power bat. I think The Trade has helped our bullpen, but we traded away a right-handed power bat in Austin Kearns.
    I actually would like to have Austin on this team but I don't think you can afford to pass on a guy like Bray for him. I think it is much easier to find a RH OF on the open market that can put up his numbers than a young, cheap lefty potential closer.

We need to sign 3 RH power hitting outfielders in the offseason to play against lefthanders. We can platoon them with Dunn, Hamilton and Griffey. DHandG can bat against righties and our new RH power hitting outfielders can bat against lefties. That would solve all our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    We need to sign 3 RH power hitting outfielders in the offseason to play against lefthanders. We can platoon them with Dunn, Hamilton and Griffey. DHandG can bat against righties and our new RH power hitting outfielders can bat against lefties. That would solve all our problems.
    Yes, and they should all be able to hit 25-30 HR's in GABP, and the best news of all is, they will only cost about $7/8M a piece...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?