Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turner headed to Sarasota.

Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

Re: Turner headed to Sarasota.

Speaking as the parent of a minor league player I can say with some certainty that any promotion, be it for 6 games or 60 games sends a positive message to the player and is a great emotional boost. Keep in mind too that these guys are young; packing quickly and jumping on a plane to fly half way across the country to arrive just in time to throw on a uniform and appear in that first game is an adventure they look forward to. Heck, they've been living in rented appartments with rented furniture eating fast food and traveling for hours & hours (if they're in Billings its tens of hours) by bus. A 3 or 4 hour plane flight is a piece of cake.

My congrats to all of them, I know they're feeling good about it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe.... but is it worth the travel hassle for the player?
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

2. Turn Off Ads?

So hows it gonna look with Francisco, Cozart, and Frazier? Can Frazier play second? Francisco to first or COF?

My choice would be Frazier to second, with Francisco at 3rd and Cozart at SS. Parker stays at first.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Frazier to SS/2B and Cozart at the other spot is my guess.

Frazier is batting 6th and playing short. Cozart is leading off and playing 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Redman15 View Post
    Frazier is batting 6th and playing short. Cozart is leading off and playing 2nd.
    I thought Cozart was the one with the better glove? It seems like they would leave him at SS.

According to the DDN, this promotion was supposed to have happened 7 to 10 days ago. Turner hurt his hand and then Frazier got sick, so they had to postpone both promotions until now.

As far as Soto goes, he's either injured or missing. I can't find anything about him since August 11th.

Well Soto was with the GCL Reds, who have finished their season. You have to imagine he had an injury of some kind though, probably minor though as he was never put on the DL.

Here is the link for the DDN article.This make a little more since to why they waited to promote these guy's.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...07dragons.html

Turn Off Ads?