Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My friend's blog article in response to Paul Daugherty

My friend's blog article in response to Paul Daugherty

I agree with him for the most part. What do you guys think?

http://shysterball.blogspot.com/2007...-in-cincy.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My friend's blog article in response to Paul Daugherty

disagree
    pathetic maneuvers in an important double header characterize macnarron as a pretender
    why no burton
    why majewski
    why double dose of microhitting ellison

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    disagree
    pathetic maneuvers in an important double header characterize macnarron as a pretender
    why no burton
    why majewski
    Yesterday was not his best effort, that is for sure. But if he can take this train wreck and get them to play over .500 ball over half a season, I think he deserves a shot. Not an overpriced, long-term deal, but a shot.

I too think that Narron deserves a shot. The Reds play much better with Narron than they ever did with Miley, that's for sure. And I agree...don't sign him for long term. Lets see what he can do with a full year to work with, and if he doesn't work out, there is always 2009 and the college draft to look forward to.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post
    I too think that Narron deserves a shot. The Reds play much better with Narron than they ever did with Miley, that's for sure. And I agree...don't sign him for long term. Lets see what he can do with a full year to work with, and if he doesn't work out, there is always 2009 and the college draft to look forward to.

That argument makes no sense. It's like someone saying "I think we should go out and get someone new to start the season." Then someone responding: "We can't do that. The last time we did that we hired Bob Boone."

Narron and Pete are two different people and because Narron was given a job under similar circumstances should not affect the evaluation of Pete.

By the way, neither Narron nor Miley had a winning record in their interim seasons. The last Reds interim manager to do that was Jack McKeon. That didn't work out so badly, did it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Snow Chief View Post
    That argument makes no sense.
    What doesn't make sense? I am in full support of extending Narron. We have the best record in the NL since Miley took over. To me, that's enough to give Boone a shot. Besides, haven't we all seen enough of McKeon?

It's like someone saying "I think we should go out and get someone new to start the season." Then someone responding: "We can't do that. The last time we did that we hired Bob Boone."

I agree. You stick with what works. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Narron and Pete are two different people and because Narron was given a job under similar circumstances should not affect the evaluation of Pete.
    Agreed. And just because the last 3 interim managers hired from within the organization have had disaterous even comical results, that is no reason to go outside of the organization for help. Its just a coincidence all 3 have failed. I like this new guy though..players really seem to want to play hard for him. Not like that other guy.

By the way, neither Narron nor Miley had a winning record in their interim seasons. The last Reds interim manager to do that was Jack McKeon. That didn't work out so badly, did it?
    Exactly. Just like Miley, Narron, and the Mac Attack, McKeon paid his dues coming up through the Reds organization, and then, even though he didn't have any major league managing experience, he still deserved to get the job. I stand by that. And I support Big Mac for our manager on the way to the World Series next season.

Well said, sir. Well said.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

ludwig is precise, ludwig is trenchant, lets sign vern rapp, no maki it Russ Nixon, sorry I mean Don Heffner

I think you have to cut Mackanin some slack yesterday. He had to conserve the players for the doubleheader, not to mention the sweltering heat, making things more complicated than usual.

Ludwig:

Is there a manager alive that could have made the Reds a WS caliber team team between 2001-2006 the way Leatherpants paid no attention to the farm system (a price we are still paying today) and the purse strings of the ownership groups? Paying no attention to the farm system and small market payroll is a perfect plan for winning baseball.

One playoff appearance in 17 seasons says something more than some back luck with some hires. The Reds have had 10 managers during that span, were they all bums? Perhaps there are things going on that caused these failures other than just getting a bunch of people who can't manage.

disagree
    why no burton
    why majewski
    Agreed. Those two line-ups were pathetic. If I constructed this team (WK) I wouldn't be able to get past last night.

disagree
    why no burton
    why majewski
    Majewski has been pitching well in August.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I think you have to cut Mackanin some slack yesterday. He had to conserve the players for the doubleheader, not to mention the sweltering heat, making things more complicated than usual.
    Funny that the Pirates didn't conserve their best players for the double header and they won both games. Could just be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Majewski has been pitching well in August.
    Yes. If Majewski and Bray did what they have been doing, the psoters would be talking about what a great job Pete did stealing extra innings for Arroyo to start on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Snow Chief View Post
    Yes. If Majewski and Bray did what they have been doing, the psoters would be talking about what a great job Pete did stealing extra innings for Arroyo to start on Saturday.
    Im all for it... save the arms when you can. This was a little more relevant the past couple months though. The bullpen has to do their job and they had been pitching better, (not you Stanton) Im ok with that move.

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Im all for it... save the arms when you can. This was a little more relevant the past couple months though. The bullpen has to do their job and they had been pitching better, (not you Stanton) Im ok with that move.
    I agree, with our starting situation, you can't criticize Pete for trying to steal an extra game out of Arroyo. I don't agree with starting Ellison in game one but I am fine with him trying to save Arroyo.

Turn Off Ads?