Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham has no class: Griffey a "disgrace", Dunn "Drunk, a Monkey, and Black" ...

Re: Cunningham has no class: Griffey a "disgrace", Dunn "Drunk, a Monkey, and Black"

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    Ok, here is the definition from Answers.com:
    shock radio
    n.
    Talk radio featuring derogatory or offensive remarks, vulgar language, and crude humor.

The Cunningham show from yesterday, in my opinion included; derogatory or offensive remarks. I didn't hear "vulgar" language. "Crude humor" in this case may or may not be subjective.
    So you are saying I am wrong saying shock radio or are you trying to say I am right?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cunningham has no class: Griffey a "disgrace", Dunn "Drunk, a Monkey, and Black"

Ok, here is the definition from Answers.com:
    shock radio
    n.
    Talk radio featuring derogatory or offensive remarks, vulgar language, and crude humor.

The Cunningham show from yesterday, in my opinion included; derogatory or offensive remarks. I didn't hear "vulgar" language. "Crude humor" in this case may or may not be subjective.
    I guess that clears it up. He does do this stuff to provide an opinion that is controversial. I guess some people listen to his show. I though, am not one of them.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    So you are saying I am wrong saying shock radio or are you trying to say I am right?
    Neither. Just a clarification.

Neither. Just a clarification.
    Well its shock radio, if you don't think it is its your mistake.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

[quote=Muggerd;1457245]Well its shock radio, if you don't think it is its your mistake.[/quote]

Relax. I provided the definition for you and others. Therein lies your answer. If you're still wondering Muggerd, it was. And yes, I'm sure all of the Redszoners here knew that. We have an intelligent base of Reds fans here!

It's why I like to participate! I do appreciate your posts as welll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jnwohio View Post
    Tracy Jones' personality can seem obnoxious if you take him seriously; and, I understand those who dislike him because he doesn't stick to baseball on what is supposedly a baseball call in show.

However it is being unfair to Jones to mention him in the same context as a guy who spews the kind of hurtfull garbage Cunningham does.

When Burbank has retired, the only time my radio will be tuned to 700 is for Reds coverage.
    I understand what you're saying, I was just merely saying that I can't listen to him too long because I feel a lot of it is nonsense that goes on and on and it just drives me nuts. I don't really appreciate that kind of radio so I don't listen to it often. I guess I wish it was more of an intelligent discussion between the personality and caller instead of sarcasm and narcisism on the part of the host.

Also, regarding Cunningham, I will say I've not really listened to him. I'm not from the Cincinnati area, so the only time I really listen to WLW is during Reds games and sometimes after.

Furthermore I do understand that my comments are not directly related to the original content of the thread, but I felt my sentiments somewhat echoed those of the quote I responded to.

Cunningham is ranked number 82 in Talkers Magazine top 100.

http://www.talkers.com/main/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=44
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

While most of his comments were quite "shocking" I agree with his statements on Arroyo, and no he doesn't give 110% everytime. He complains that he doesn't pitch well in day games because he "doesn't sleep very well". That is hilarious maybe it has to do with the fact that he is on main street in covington every night until the bars close, and who knows where after. If you are getting paid that much money to pitch every 5th day and it so happens to fall on a day game. DONT GO TO THE BARS ALL NIGHT. I make very little money and am not in the spotlight whatsoever, but I still take my crappy jobs seriously. Give me a break Bronson gives 110%, he is to busy trying to be a rockstar rather than a good pitcher.

I'm not sure what was so shocking...

Arroyo doesn't give 100 percent in all games. How many poor pitching performances were a result of just being hungover? We will never know, but that brings me to another thing Cunningham said:

Dunn being drunk. OK he is obviously not drunk, but it is like when you see the car ahead of you swerving all over the road or driving like 10mph on the highway, you think to yourself, "I hope you're drunk, otherwise you have no excuse."

Cunningham exaggerates, yes. It is shock radio. But the points he exaggerates are legitimate ones.

And nobody in their right minds think that Griffey and Dunn have been part of the problem this past million years with the Reds. But they aren't really part of the solution either. They are just there. Somedays I wonder if they are taking bong hits in the clubhouse before ABs.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

By Bronson giving 110%, I meant that this is a guy who stayed in many games WAY to long, who gave you over 240 innings last year, will give you another 200+ this year. Bronson is good for nearly 7 innings and 100+ pitches per start.

Yeah, you can say that is what he is paid to do. You can say this is his job. However, he is a reliable pitcher who had gone less than 80 pitches only twice this entire season. In this day of pitch counts and limits, Arroyo has given solid performances for the last 2 seasons. Letting him out of a game after 80 pitches isnt THAT big of a deal.

Now if it happens consistently, well that is another story.

Just because he shows up we should all thank him? Thats a lindneresque attitude. I wish my job only depended on me showing up and staying for the duration with no regards to my performance.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    Just because he shows up we should all thank him? Thats a lindneresque attitude. I wish my job only depended on me showing up and staying for the duration with no regards to my performance.
    Don't we all? Sadly there aren't many, if any of those jobs out there.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Cunningham is ranked number 82 in Talkers Magazine top 100.

http://www.talkers.com/main/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=44
    How about that #6 show there?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Yeah, Griffey and Dunn, that's what's killed us for the past 7 years. Too bad they can't do anything to complement our excellent pitching.
    Oh but they have had plenty of effect on our pitching.
    What percent of the payroll do they eat up again?
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kradokk View Post
    His comments about the Reds were rather unpopular. This is the only time I have ever listened to him, but his callers were not too happy. That is what i meant by unpopular. Someone IS listening, for sure.
    Yep, there will always people listening for the resulting fireworks. And that is Willie's schtick. He wants to bring out the crazies,------pro and con, ----knowing full well a lot of people can't resist observing the nasty fight, that will result from his outrageous commentaries. I bet he's playing with himself when people start calling in to respond!

Turn Off Ads?