Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for steroids

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for steroids

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for steroids

thats one hell of a list
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    thats one hell of a list
    I don't see where it lists the wrestlers that were suspended
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I don't see where it lists the wrestlers that were suspended
    probably won't see on til Monday. i doubt that they'll do it in such a way to where you'll have to actually pay attention to see who isn't there.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=190530706

Details On WWE Superstars Receiving Shipments Of Drugs
    08/30/2007 by Steve Carrier

- From SI.com:

While the WWE declined to release the names of the suspended athletes, SI has learned that a dozen professional wrestlers have received steroids and/or human growth hormone through the drug network. The WWE would not confirm which, if any, of the following wrestlers are among those suspended:

• Benoit, who died June 24, 2007, received nandrolone and anastrozole in February 2006. (Anastrozole is used by athletes to counter side effects of steroid use, such as water retention and breast enlargement.)

• Two weeks prior to Eddie Guerrero's death on Nov. 13, 2005, he was sent nandrolone, testosterone, and anastrozole. Guerrero died in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.

• Chavo Guerrero, who found his uncle Eddie dead in the Minneapolis hotel room, received, among other drugs, somatropin (HGH), nandrolone and anastrozole between April 2005 and May 2006.

• Between November 2003 and February 2007, Shane Helms, a/k/a The Hurricane, received, among other drugs, testosterone, genotropin (HGH) and nandrolone. (As previously reported by SI, he allegedly received HGH from an Arizona doctor in 2005.)

• Starting in September 2004 through February 2007, Randy Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol.

• John Hennigan, a/k/a Johnny Nitro, a.k.a. Johnny Morrison, is the current WWE Extreme Championship Wrestling's heavyweight champion. Between June 2006 and February 2007 he was prescribed somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced naturally during pregnancy. (HCG is taken by anabolic steroid users to stimulate the production of testosterone, which is suppressed as a result of steroid use.)

• Ken Anderson, a/k/a Mr. Kennedy, lost to Eddie Guerrero in Guerrero's final match on Nov. 11, 2005. Kennedy received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007.

• Shoichi Funaki received somatropin in March 2006.

• Brian Adams, a/k/a Crush, who retired from the pro circuit in 2001, was found dead of unknown causes on Aug. 13. He received nandrolone, testosterone and Somatropin or HGH in December 2006.

• Charles Haas was prescribed anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin between August 2006 and January 2007.

• Edward Fatu received somatropin between July and December 2006.

• Between November 2004 and November 2006, Darren Matthews received stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin, and anastrozole.

• Adam Copeland, a/k/a Edge, received somatropin, genotropin (both HGH), and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007.

• Sylvain Grenier received somatropin, nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol, starting in February 2005 through July 2006.

Through WWE spokesman Gary Davis, the applicable WWE wrestlers listed above declined comment.

WWE talent executive Mike "Simon Dean" Bucci was released today by WWE

Bucci worked as a high-up in all the developmental territories. Dave Scherer is reporting that the word among the wrestlers is that Bucci was called in for a meeting today by WWE in the wake of his name being mentioned by the The New York Daily News yesterday as being someone on the list of workers named in the Signature Pharmacy growth enhancing drug scandal.

Bucci's dealings with Signature took place when he was still an active wrestler, not a manager.

You're Welcome

FYI: if it helps the above list make more sense.... "Edward Fatu" is Umaga, and "Darren Matthews" is William Regal. For some reason, they failed to "a/k/a" those two guys.

And "wrestlezone" (or whoever they cut-and-pasted that from) didn't do their homework, as Grenier is not a current WWE performer. He was fired a month ago.

Also: contrary to media coverage of this story, it has nothing to do with a "crackdown" by WWE following the Benoit mess. It's just part of the ongoing federal investigation of Signature Pharmacy and their ilk. WWE didn't catch these wrestlers, the feds did, and WWE only suspended them once the Albany DA shared the results of their investigation with WWE.

There are dozens of athletes from other sports in Signature's files, and their names haven't yet been leaked. It'll be interesting to see what other sports governing bodies do when DAs and other authorities meet with them to compare notes and share the names.

More at www.onlineonslaught.com, if you really care deeply about the issue. And also enjoy verbal savaging of clueless ******s like Randy Orton.
    Last edited by FlightRick; 08-31-2007 at 08:01 PM.

I think they were just going over those connected to the isses. Not sure.

You were right about the feds though. McMahon would never suspend top wrestlers IMO if he wasn't pressured into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    You were right about the feds though. McMahon would never suspend top wrestlers IMO if he wasn't pressured into it.
    i agree. and i think he's more apt to do it since his shares went up $0.34 upon doing it.

i think McMahon's too <insert word here> to connect the deaths and massive stimulant use together to realize that he really needs to cut his wrestlers road time to something closer to 260-280 days a year instead of over 300.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

You're Welcome

The "300 days a year" thing is a total fallacy being perpetuated by bitter ex-wrestlers on talkshows who haven't had a job with WWF/E in the past five years (and also by a few self-righteous newsletter/website columnists who want to jump on the same bandwagon as Nancy Grace and her ilk, especially the dimwits associated with a website that rhymes with "Porch").

Few, if any, WWE employees are on the road for more than 250 days a year at this point. This includes travel days, as well as promotional appearances and TV commercial shoots and other non-physical requirements of the job. [Obviously, the higher up the card you are, the more of these additional commitments you will have. But you'll also be making substantially more money, too.] Additonally: I'll eat a bug if there's a WWE contracted performer who's actually wrestled more than 200 matches in a calendar year after 2003. With the exceptions of (admittedly taxing) overseas tours, no WWE wrestler actually performs a match more than 3 nights per week.

You still couldn't get me to do that job, but it's also only fair to point out that there have been substantial changes in the industry in the 4-5 years since WWE finalized its monolpoly on the industry (and, ironically enough, saw its business contract to the point that they can't really run more than 3 shows per week, per brand, if that). Granted, a subset of performers continue to make the same poor personal choices about late hours, alcohol abuse, stimulant/recreational drug use, and nailing 16-year-old ring rats two at a time.... but that's not really what any of this latest flap is about.

This is about a multi-agency investigation of sketchy internet pharmacies, with the focus exclusively on the distribution of performance enhancing drugs to athletes. I'm still not sold on what sort of institutional reponsibility exists for WWE to police a Fake Sport for performance enhancing drugs, and I'm even less clear on how they're supposed to feel accountable for a roster of mostly young, wealthy, single borderline high school graduates from behaving badly on the road... but even if it's only for PR reasons after the feds get involved, I'm not gonna complain about incremental moves made by WWE to help shame their employees into making fewer retarded personal decisions.

Well: except for Randy Orton, whose 5 year track record of dumbass behavior and lack of any noticeable maturation in that time, despite frequent suspensions and punishments, suggests he's beyond help.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

One Mr. Paul Michael Levesque could probably murder someone backstage and the WWE would do its best to make sure HE made out to the ring that night.

Bottom line -- any and all suspensions will always be of grade B stars designed to make an example and give the impression of concern on the WWE's part. The top dogs will always have people looking the other way.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    The "300 days a year" thing is a total fallacy being perpetuated by bitter ex-wrestlers on talkshows who haven't had a job with WWF/E in the past five years (and also by a few self-righteous newsletter/website columnists who want to jump on the same bandwagon as Nancy Grace and her ilk, especially the dimwits associated with a website that rhymes with "Porch").

Few, if any, WWE employees are on the road for more than 250 days a year at this point. This includes travel days, as well as promotional appearances and TV commercial shoots and other non-physical requirements of the job. [Obviously, the higher up the card you are, the more of these additional commitments you will have. But you'll also be making substantially more money, too.] Additonally: I'll eat a bug if there's a WWE contracted performer who's actually wrestled more than 200 matches in a calendar year after 2003. With the exceptions of (admittedly taxing) overseas tours, no WWE wrestler actually performs a match more than 3 nights per week.

You still couldn't get me to do that job, but it's also only fair to point out that there have been substantial changes in the industry in the 4-5 years since WWE finalized its monolpoly on the industry (and, ironically enough, saw its business contract to the point that they can't really run more than 3 shows per week, per brand, if that). Granted, a subset of performers continue to make the same poor personal choices about late hours, alcohol abuse, stimulant/recreational drug use, and nailing 16-year-old ring rats two at a time.... but that's not really what any of this latest flap is about.

This is about a multi-agency investigation of sketchy internet pharmacies, with the focus exclusively on the distribution of performance enhancing drugs to athletes. I'm still not sold on what sort of institutional reponsibility exists for WWE to police a Fake Sport for performance enhancing drugs, and I'm even less clear on how they're supposed to feel accountable for a roster of mostly young, wealthy, single borderline high school graduates from behaving badly on the road... but even if it's only for PR reasons after the feds get involved, I'm not gonna complain about incremental moves made by WWE to help shame their employees into making fewer retarded personal decisions.

Well: except for Randy Orton, whose 5 year track record of dumbass behavior and lack of any noticeable maturation in that time, despite frequent suspensions and punishments, suggests he's beyond help.
    I want to marry this post, especially for the "porch" comment. What a pile of trash that thing became. Just torture trying to read Keller and the gang.

Besides the theatrical/non-competitive point, the fact that WWE wrestlers are "independent contractors" is quite favorable to McMahon in this instance. Given the fact that he's beaten a steroid wrap once, the feds will be hard pressed to come after him again if they choose, which I don't think they do. They're just trying to play off the publicity of the steroids/Benoit story and pat themselves on the back. They'll have the hearing, WWE will present a lot of known, red herring facts, and that will be that.

At the end of the day, WWE isn't liable for what their wrestlers do, because they are not WWE employees. Whether or not that is morally right is up for debate, but the fact remains that Vince is nearly untouchable provided he continues to play the "do just enough to make people on the outside think we care" card that he plays so well.

So you get some suspensions (I'd be completely shocked if Rey Mysterio wasn't one of them), the media catches wind, and in 2 months things are back to normal until the next story breaks.

This is a whole plate full of not much to wrestling fans. Same old same old. See you again in a few months.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

You're Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Bottom line -- any and all suspensions will always be of grade B stars designed to make an example and give the impression of concern on the WWE's part. The top dogs will always have people looking the other way.
    I'm not going to suggest that Triple H wouldn't get every benefit of the doubt from his father-in-law (also don't see the point of refering to him in secret code, like a Porch columnist would), but let's take a step back and look again, here:

The current suspensions include the ECW champ, the IC Champ, the RAW General Manager, and two of RAW's 4 top heels (one of whom is Randy Orton, who has been mangling lines, throwing boring-ass chinlocks, and being despised as a petulant little nepotist since he got his job; in addition to his lack on onscreen ability, his offscreen behavior has netted him four suspensions in 18 months; and yet, for all this ******baggery, he's a former world champ and one of WWE's most over-pushed stars).... I mean, I look at this list, and I applaud the apparent blind eye WWE is turning to your spot on the card. Most of these are key TV players. Batista, Booker T, and Mysterio are also getting serious heat as WWE decides hwo many more to suspend. If you got nailed by the feds, you're not getting paid for 30 or 60 days. End of story.

You want something to get all confused and frustrated about, try to explain to me why the hell Funaki was taking growth hormone. Funaki?!!!??!

Indeed.

Helms too. Although, I could almost understand Helms doing it.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by FlightRick View Post
    You want something to get all confused and frustrated about, try to explain to me why the hell Funaki was taking growth hormone. Funaki?!!!??!
    it let's you recover faster from taking bumps. HGH isn't always about building muscle.

Turn Off Ads?