Turn Off Ads?

Thread: i guess the reds dont need franklin

i guess the reds dont need franklin

majewski, guardado, and stanton showed em all how its done

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: i guess the reds dont need franklin

Wyane was stupid for getting rid of Franklin. Just look at the year he is having for the Cards.

It is pitching coach.

I can't explain Franklin's success this year but he sucked last year and there was absolutely no reason to predict this kind of year.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I can't explain Franklin's success this year but he sucked last year and there was absolutely no reason to predict this kind of year.
    Agreed. Can't knock Krivsky for this one, Franklin pitched himself out of Cincinnati. Maybe that was his intent.

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    Wyane was stupid for getting rid of Franklin. Just look at the year he is having for the Cards.
    He was terrible for us and every team he pitched for prior.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    He was terrible for us and every team he pitched for prior.
    I agree about Franklin. There was no way to predict that he would have a good season. As a Red he was awful. That does not excuse bringing Eddie Guardado into crucial game situations. That may be the dumbest thing I've seen all year! (And there have been some really dumb things!!!).

Was it last season that Narron decided to walk Pujols and load the bases with less than two outs? That still blows my mind.

Cards pitching coach Dave Duncan has an ability to ''duct tape'' overachieving pitchers.It doesn't last as long though,i.e.Jeff Weaver,Anthony Reyes,et all.Problem for the opposition is he gets them to step up in big situations.

CincinnatiKid

I wonder if Dick Pole could've fix Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
    has he fixed anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
    It is true that Franklin has been better this year than in years past, thanks to a decrease in walks to 1.2 BB/9, and a HR rate that has decreased to 0.67/9. However, he hasn't been as good as his ERA indicates. So far, the BABIP against him has been .231, an incredibly lucky number that will change in the years to come. Couple that with a 7.4% HR/FB ratio, and you have a 4.00 ERA pitcher with an ERA under 2. Thanks to his walk rate, Franklin has been surprisingly effective, but the Cardinals are still likely to regret the 2 year extension they handed out to Franklin earlier this season.

Everybody has a good year. Look at Coffey. I think he well over-achieved his tools last year. The true colors of Franklin will come out.

Turn Off Ads?