Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Should Be Outlawed In Movies and T.V. Shows

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Things That Should Be Outlawed In Movies and T.V. Shows

1) Most car chases.

2) My all-time most hated line: "You just don't get it, do you?"

Last week I heard that used in 4 different movies/television shows. Awful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things That Should Be Outlawed In Movies and T.V. Shows

"Let's get out of here!" is used too often when it's not at all needed.

"I don't like this place."

"<insert name>, is that you?"

The excessive use of the F-word.
    Most Vottomatic Player

The awkward way most SNL skits end.

And why do newscasts on t.v. shows always come off sounding acted? You would think they would just hire real newscasters and have them read the script.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    The excessive use of the F-word.
    Don't see The Departed, if you haven't already...I mean literally, every other word that comes out of the mouth of every character in that movie is the ole "F" word, in one form or other. Really quite amazing. I'm pretty immune to that word, yet even I noticed it.

Man Pills

Overdone, overlong pregnant pauses between dialogue that are meant to convey deep thought or tension; deep thought or tension is best delivered IN the dialogue and in the face--movies aren't plays.

99&#37; of atmospheric/incidental music (I find most music totally jarring in movies; it often actually takes me out of the action instead of heightening it).

Overuse of flashback.

Plotlessness. I hate "character" movies that don't go anywhere; "mood" or "feeling" alone don't make a movie. Things have to happen.

Insipid plot lines.

Actors that can't act.

Hollywood.

Cinematography that triggers epilepsy.

Incredibly "loud" sound design.

Sequels / remakes that suck.

Shock for the sake of shock.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Newscasters that are shooting "live"- like when they are outside in an ice storm to show you that it's sleeting. And the whole "reporting live from (insert town being blown away by a hurricane)" thing.

Another thing that is just weird is the fixation that news reporters have about walking when they are talking. Why, I ask, must they walk towards me while talking? Am I supposed to back up to preserve my personal space?

Advertising posing as news- I swear half of the news on any Fox station is just promotion for some show coming up that night.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'd be fine if we could just get people to stop talking in theaters.
    One can avoid the annoyances on screen with a little research, but the jerks in the theaters seems to multiply everyday.

I'd be fine if we could just get people to stop talking in theaters.
    And get them to stop rattling their popcorn and candy bags. Dear heavens, do they have to be that noisy when they're getting out three pieces of Twizzler's?

Most of the time it sounds like they're trying to find the opening of a large contractor garbage bag.

Nicolas Cage.
    Eva Longoria.
    Eva Mendez.
    Julianne Moore (unless she is killed if in the first 30 minutes of the film).

clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    And get them to stop rattling their popcorn and candy bags. Dear heavens, do they have to be that noisy when they're getting out three pieces of Twizzler's?

Most of the time it sounds like they're trying to find the opening of a large contractor garbage bag.
    Mrs. Ltlabner is guilty of being one of the loudest eaters/food wrapper opening people on the face of the planet. More of our domestic disputes have been started with her chewing like a rabid komodo dragon than just about any other subject.

Pretty much agree with what has already been posted.

As FCB said, I hate the pregnant pauses and "knowing glances" that charicters give each other.

TV: Tired of the overweight dorky guy with the smoking hot chick plot line. It's been done folks, and nobody was buying it in the first place. "Cliff hanging" season finales...if your show is good, I'll be back. Stop with the gimicks to keep me hanging on.

Pretty much any local newscast, with particular emphasis on the weather broadcast. I'm not impressed by your mondo-gonzo doppler 9,000 which can tell me it's raining in the back yard, misting in the front yard and their's a party in my pants. Don't need you to break into my programing to let me know there's a thunderstorm in Peroria, Illinois. I certinatinaly don't need the cub-reporter in the snow drift to advise me that it's, in fact, snowing.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-01-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Nicolas Cage.
    Eva Longoria.
    Eva Mendez.
    Julianne Moore (unless she is killed if in the first 30 minutes of the film).
    Add Jessica Alba and Keanu Reeves to that list.

Scenes where the victim is being chased by a stalker, makes it to the car, gets their keys out, yet can't seem to get them in the ignition.... or when they do the car won't start.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?