Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Things That Should Be Outlawed In Movies and T.V. Shows

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Things That Should Be Outlawed In Movies and T.V. Shows

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but those awful Time-Life music CD infomercials.

The one with Air Supply makes me want to hang myself.

To see the girl sitting there, fawning over Air Supply might be the fakest moment ever in a tv commercial.

She's like, "I can't believe I'm sitting here with Air Supply..."

Yeah, I'll bet they're real busy these days and wouldn't have time to make some easy money talking about that great soft rock sound of the early 1980s with a girl 30 years younger than them throwing compliments their way. Their schedule is filled with other better things to do, I'm sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but those awful Time-Life music CD infomercials.

The one with Air Supply makes me want to hang myself.

To see the girl sitting there, fawning over Air Supply might be the fakest moment ever in a tv commercial.

She's like, "I can't believe I'm sitting here with Air Supply..."

Yeah, I'll bet they're real busy these days and wouldn't have time to make some easy money talking about that great soft rock sound of the early 1980s with a girl 30 years younger than them throwing compliments their way. Their schedule is filled with other better things to do, I'm sure.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell: Confusing. Cheesy.

Instead of, "Together, they're Air Supply," they should have just called themselves, "Graham Russell Hitchcock."

Instead of, "Together, they're Air Supply," they should have just called themselves, "Graham Russell Hitchcock."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQrwjnNqbZE
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Golf Team From NBC Sports.

I get the feeling that if it were up to lead announcer, Dan Hicks, every tournament would be one on one, Tiger vs. Phil. Jim Nantz makes this guy sound like such an amateur. He is so technical with his announcing style and very affraid of his partner in the tower.

They all are affraid of Miller. "Johnny this and Johnny that." "Headed rigth Johnny." "Going to come up short Johnny. "Left to right break down the hill Johnny."

Is Johnny the only one watching? Or is he playing? I'm confused.

They always try to tell you where the shot is going before the ball has a chance to reach full flight. Miller will watch someone's swing and then ask the guy out following the golfer if the ball went in a certain direction. Then if the answer is no he'll explain that he saw some flaw in the players swing that made him think the ball must be headed off line that direction. He does this all day.

Then we have the roving reporters. Mark Rolfing, Roger Chocolate Maltbie and Gary Koch. Koch couldn't be any more dramatic over a golf tournament. I basically can't watch the Players Championship due to that better than most crap. Maltbie is never in position to tell you what is really going on. And he is notourious for telling us (Johnny) that "this ball is headed right" when it ends up in the center of the green. Most pros hit the ball from right to left so if you jump the gun most of the time you are going to say the ball is headed right. But then it starts working left. The guy is a such a dope.

Rolfing isn't horrible but very whinny sounding.

On top of all that when it comes time for their coverage to start, they have to first give me a history lesson and 18 minutes of Tiger highlights. JUST SHOW THE GOLF. Today while golf is being played they are going to show some Bobby Jones show, because he grew up on the course where today's final round is being played. But why show it when you could actually be showing the tournament you are contractually obligated to show?

NBC and the other networks do this as well, basically do the equivalent of not showing the first quarter of the Bengals-Browns game so they can show you the Bengals-Browns game from 1945.

I say get rid of NBC Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    They all are affraid of Miller. "Johnny this and Johnny that." "Headed rigth Johnny." "Going to come up short Johnny. "Left to right break down the hill Johnny."

That's like when George Grande and Jeff Brantley do games together. George is "Cowboy" this and "Cowboy" that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

One of the Air Supply guitarists is now a part of one of the most successful church music groups known as "Hillsong," named after the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia. They are and have been one of the more cutting edge groups in this genre since the mid 90's.

I had a few Air Supply albums in my collection, was always a sucker for their cheesy love songs. I'm more apt to make fun of Abba than Air Supply.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Holy Cow
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Nothing says "Hip Hop" like white kids in floral-print beachwear.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?