Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What I've learned on the road

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

What I've learned on the road

I've learned a few things since I've been driving over the road. Here are a few.

1. All those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" don't work.

2. Trucks are not the enemy.

3. Texans are a whole lot friendlier than New Yorkers.

4. A hot shower and an afternoon nap are luxurious.

5. Your wife looks a lot better after you've been gone for ten days than she did when you were home every day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What I've learned on the road

My brother in law drives over the road. He has one of these on his cab.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    My brother in law drives over the road. He has one of these on his cab.

Good advice there. If you stick to the well lit truck stops in better parts of town, you won't see too many of those.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Lot lizards. Wow.

While looking that up on Google, I came across this little nugget:

"Man, those lot lizards at the Iowa 80 stop have gotten so much better since the economy took a turn for the worse. Thank goodness for the _________ administration."

They could be referring to George Washington and that would be hilarious.

Now, if I were going to hang a sign in the window banning lot lizards, I would still put an asterisk next to it for when the economy goes bad.

I loves me some truck stops. I don't even drive a truck, but I love the whole truck stop vibe. I almost always check out the selection of CB's and in cab-electronic gadgets along with all of the other products aimed at over-the-road drivers.

Flying J fried burrotos are da bomb. Two of those and a diet Pepsi are a perfect mobile lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

Flying J fried burrotos are da bomb. Two of those and a diet Pepsi are a perfect mobile lunch.
    Flying J is my favorite. Cheapest showers and laundry, almost always clean, and no lot lizards. They all have these handy internet terminals too.

Turn Off Ads?