Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

  1. #1
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

    Threw a no hitter in his 2nd major league start. Congrats Clay!
    Most Vottomatic Player

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Hopefully he pulls an Anibal Sanchez

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Hopefully he pulls an Anibal Sanchez
    I'm not going to wish anything bad for the guy. Just like I wasn't happy to see Carpenter have Tommy John. As a player I know how devasting an injury can be. I hope Clay has a good healthy career. I just hope he doesn't pitch well against the Reds whenever they meet up.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    I'm not going to wish anything bad for the guy. Just like I wasn't happy to see Carpenter have Tommy John. As a player I know how devasting an injury can be. I hope Clay has a good healthy career. I just hope he doesn't pitch well against the Reds whenever they meet up.
    He was drafted, at age 20, by the Boston Red Sox in the supplemental first round (42nd pick) of the 2005 draft. He was passed over by other teams because he was arrested for stealing 29 laptops from his high school and selling them.

    I could really careless about some other teams rookie

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    So what? That was two or three years ago. I guarantee none of those GMs passing on him were doing it because they were found his conduct abhorrent. I guarantee they were just afraid he'd do something stupid down the line. With 20/20 hindsight, no competent GM would give a damn about some high school theft now.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So what? That was two or three years ago. I guarantee none of those GMs passing on him were doing it because they were found his conduct abhorrent. I guarantee they were just afraid he'd do something stupid down the line. With 20/20 hindsight, no competent GM would give a damn about some high school theft now.
    Isn't that essentially the same thing?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    He was drafted, at age 20, by the Boston Red Sox in the supplemental first round (42nd pick) of the 2005 draft. He was passed over by other teams because he was arrested for stealing 29 laptops from his high school and selling them.

    I could really careless about some other teams rookie
    So because he made a mistake in his life you hope his career will be horrible. What a swell guy.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Isn't that essentially the same thing?
    Not at all. One assumes they wouldn't want their organization associated with someone who stole some computers, which frankly I doubt any of those guys care about.

    The second is a GM afraid of a guy doing it again and causing their investment in the player to be a waste of money.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not at all. One assumes they wouldn't want their organization associated with someone who stole some computers, which frankly I doubt any of those guys care about.

    The second is a GM afraid of a guy doing it again and causing their investment in the player to be a waste of money.
    I understand the difference it just seems like the people who thought he would do it again didnt like him doing it. Either way it doesnt really matter now.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    So because he made a mistake in his life you hope his career will be horrible. What a swell guy.
    I didnt say I hope he has a bad career. I just dont care if he does.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Either way it doesnt really matter now.
    Pretty much my point.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    I didnt say I hope he has a bad career. I just dont care if he does.
    Then what exactly did you mean then by saying you hope he pulls an anibal sanchez?
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    Then what exactly did you mean then by saying you hope he pulls an anibal sanchez?
    I dont want the Red Sox to get another guy for ESPN to shove down our throats every night.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    749

    Re: Clay Buchholtz

    Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    I dont want the Red Sox to get another guy for ESPN to shove down our throats every night.
    For some reason I highly doubt that's what you meant by that post. From the way I read it you want the guy to have many misfortunes and his career to fall apart.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

  16. #15
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

    For the record I hope he has a great career. I hope he wins 20 games a year. I just hope he does bad against the Yankees, and the Reds. Other than that I could care less.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25