Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

Senor Votto

Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

Threw a no hitter in his 2nd major league start. Congrats Clay!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Clay Buchholtz

Hopefully he pulls an Anibal Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Hopefully he pulls an Anibal Sanchez
    I'm not going to wish anything bad for the guy. Just like I wasn't happy to see Carpenter have Tommy John. As a player I know how devasting an injury can be. I hope Clay has a good healthy career. I just hope he doesn't pitch well against the Reds whenever they meet up.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by mound_patrol View Post
    I'm not going to wish anything bad for the guy. Just like I wasn't happy to see Carpenter have Tommy John. As a player I know how devasting an injury can be. I hope Clay has a good healthy career. I just hope he doesn't pitch well against the Reds whenever they meet up.
    He was drafted, at age 20, by the Boston Red Sox in the supplemental first round (42nd pick) of the 2005 draft. He was passed over by other teams because he was arrested for stealing 29 laptops from his high school and selling them.

I could really careless about some other teams rookie

So what? That was two or three years ago. I guarantee none of those GMs passing on him were doing it because they were found his conduct abhorrent. I guarantee they were just afraid he'd do something stupid down the line. With 20/20 hindsight, no competent GM would give a damn about some high school theft now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So what? That was two or three years ago. I guarantee none of those GMs passing on him were doing it because they were found his conduct abhorrent. I guarantee they were just afraid he'd do something stupid down the line. With 20/20 hindsight, no competent GM would give a damn about some high school theft now.
    Isn't that essentially the same thing?

He was drafted, at age 20, by the Boston Red Sox in the supplemental first round (42nd pick) of the 2005 draft. He was passed over by other teams because he was arrested for stealing 29 laptops from his high school and selling them.

I could really careless about some other teams rookie
    So because he made a mistake in his life you hope his career will be horrible. What a swell guy.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Isn't that essentially the same thing?
    Not at all. One assumes they wouldn't want their organization associated with someone who stole some computers, which frankly I doubt any of those guys care about.

The second is a GM afraid of a guy doing it again and causing their investment in the player to be a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Not at all. One assumes they wouldn't want their organization associated with someone who stole some computers, which frankly I doubt any of those guys care about.

The second is a GM afraid of a guy doing it again and causing their investment in the player to be a waste of money.
    I understand the difference it just seems like the people who thought he would do it again didnt like him doing it. Either way it doesnt really matter now.

So because he made a mistake in his life you hope his career will be horrible. What a swell guy.
    I didnt say I hope he has a bad career. I just dont care if he does.

Either way it doesnt really matter now.
    Pretty much my point.

I didnt say I hope he has a bad career. I just dont care if he does.
    Then what exactly did you mean then by saying you hope he pulls an anibal sanchez?

Then what exactly did you mean then by saying you hope he pulls an anibal sanchez?
    I dont want the Red Sox to get another guy for ESPN to shove down our throats every night.

I dont want the Red Sox to get another guy for ESPN to shove down our throats every night.
    For some reason I highly doubt that's what you meant by that post. From the way I read it you want the guy to have many misfortunes and his career to fall apart.

Re: Clay Buchholtz throws no hitter

For the record I hope he has a great career. I hope he wins 20 games a year. I just hope he does bad against the Yankees, and the Reds. Other than that I could care less.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?