Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Who is Daddy Wags?

  1. #1
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Who is Daddy Wags?

    I hear George and Chris say they talk to him.The only Daddy Wags I read about was Leon Wagner, a long time major leaguer who is deceased.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    Mark Wagner. I don't know much past that. He just does the trivia questions.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  4. #3
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    I was wondering the same question.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  5. #4
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    He's probably the only person in the world besidest Howie Schwab to know more about sports than me.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,850

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    I've heard them mention it a good number of times myself. Marty consistely does it with someone named Jesse Jackson. It makes him sound so unprofesional when he constantly mentions someone that the listners don't know. Pull that stunt working for a college radio station and see what happens.

    I'm guessing both of them are some sort of producer for the broadcast and that is what Grande and Marty should let them do. You don't hear Bob Costas or Al Michaels having some inside conversation with some dude behind the scenes while he is on the air. That would be the dumbest thing in the world. Which is why Marty and Grande do it, because they are both dumb.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    He's like ESPN's Schwab but in ML baseball. The guy knows just about everything (especially Reds) as far as records and stats are concerned. If he diesn't know he has the means to look it up quickly.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    726

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    He's probably the only person in the world besidest Howie Schwab to know more about sports than me.
    What about that Mike from Fairfield guy who calls in to all the local tak shows?

  9. #8
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    2,673

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    There is a Daddy Wags in Columbus, Ohio:

    http://www.qfm96.com/showdj.asp?DJID=37010
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

  10. #9
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    What about that Mike from Fairfield guy who calls in to all the local tak shows?
    I don't listen to many talk shows. Who is this dude?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    he is the hybridized form of Mike de la Hoz and Don Heffner

  12. #11
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,487

    Re: Who is Daddy Wags?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    I've heard them mention it a good number of times myself. Marty consistely does it with someone named Jesse Jackson. It makes him sound so unprofesional when he constantly mentions someone that the listners don't know. Pull that stunt working for a college radio station and see what happens.

    I'm guessing both of them are some sort of producer for the broadcast and that is what Grande and Marty should let them do. You don't hear Bob Costas or Al Michaels having some inside conversation with some dude behind the scenes while he is on the air. That would be the dumbest thing in the world. Which is why Marty and Grande do it, because they are both dumb.
    Thom and Johnny Bench used to mention Jesse Jackson way back when they were on Channel 5 together. He's been there forever, whoever he is.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25