Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Where does the Reds farm system rank?

Re: Where does the Reds farm system rank?

I didn't ask him to run Stubbs numbers, but given that his program is all offensively based, it wouldn't surprise me if it ranked him 300+.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think next year will be a good year to see how Stubbs really measures up. He should get his toe problem taken care of in the off season. He has had a very good 2nd half of the season. I would say that he is the best defensive CF in Reds organization. He is fun to watch patrolling CF.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Devil Rays have the worst ERA in the majors, and by a large margin.
    Pardon me, the NL. My mistake. 5.02 ain't pretty any way you look at it.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 09-06-2007 at 07:51 PM.

I have not been around since the days of the Big Red Machine or anything...

But, the Reds farm system now easily has the most depth and is the richest it has been I think in my lifetime. I would say really starting back with 2007 to the present.

I think this year was overall a very good draft for the Reds. At least talent wise. We'll see how many of these kids sign...but I think Dan-O had a better scouting team in place that he gets credit for and I think Buckley is doing a really nice job overall (even though I hated the Mesoraco pick).

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I have not been around since the days of the Big Red Machine or anything...

But, the Reds farm system now easily has the most depth and is the richest it has been I think in my lifetime. I would say really starting back with 2007 to the present.

I think this year was overall a very good draft for the Reds. At least talent wise. We'll see how many of these kids sign...but I think Dan-O had a better scouting team in place that he gets credit for and I think Buckley is doing a really nice job overall (even though I hated the Mesoraco pick).
    Maybe not in terms of depth, but I would say the Reds system was a lot richer at the top 18 months ago, with the "Big Four" of Cueto, Bailey, Votto and Bruce all on the verge of the big leagues. That was four Grade A prospects, whereas today one could argue whether or not there is one in the entire system.

However, in terms of depth, I agree that this is the best the system has looked in a long, long time.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Maybe not in terms of depth, but I would say the Reds system was a lot richer at the top 18 months ago, with the "Big Four" of Cueto, Bailey, Votto and Bruce all on the verge of the big leagues. That was four Grade A prospects, whereas today one could argue whether or not there is one in the entire system.

However, in terms of depth, I agree that this is the best the system has looked in a long, long time.
    Well, that's true...it was definitely more "top heavy" in terms of talent. But the thing is...I don't think most people at RZ considered Votto as "A" grade talent while he was in the minors. There certainly wasn't a unanimous agreement on that at least. Same goes with Cueto. While he pitched pretty well in the minors...he kind of came out of nowhere. He was never previously regarded as "A" talent.

Alonso is "A" talent and some say Stewart is (who I don't think most people would've considered "A" last year). I think several of the guys that the Reds signed last year and this year could end up being "A" grade. It's just still too early to say.

Turn Off Ads?