Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Monday September 3rd minor league updates

Re: Monday September 3rd minor league updates

Maybe Waring will start next year with Sarasota. That could be the thinking.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He will play for Team USA in the International Baseball Federation World Cup in November, which takes place in Taiwan.
    Team USA is going to play a game against each of the Arizona Fall League teams this fall.

According to the DDN this morning, Waring joined the Dragons in the middle of the game yesterday. He'll see additional playing time in the playoffs, if the Dragons can actually manage to string together some wins. They've looked pretty horrid lately. The hitting has been decent, but the pitching has been pretty crappy for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Hopefully Dickerson gets called up tonight .
    Reds don't need him, they have a stud name Ellison.

I was at the Lookouts game today. Cueto looked awesome. He really shouldn't have given up any runs because one hit that loaded the bases should have been an easy catch for the right fielder. The sac fly that scored 2 was really odd. The bases were loaded and the ball was hit really hard to CF. The CF ran and kind of half dove for it and hit the ground. He got up like he had missed it and really spent a couple of seconds not reacting to the play. Two runs scored but I for the life of me don't know what he was doing. He seriously acted like he missed the ball. Anyway Cueto looked like he was toying with the hitters most of the game. He dominated. I saw several pitches hit 96. 92-96 was were he stayed at. Saw some offspead stuff but very very rarely. One batter kept fouling off fastballs and my wife even said if he threw him a change it would be over. Well he never threw a change...just fastball after fastball. Might try to post some pics later. Any questions?
    Thanks, pjr, and yes, I have a question. What did you think of the Lookouts leadoff hitter, the little guy who homered and doubled?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Thanks, pjr, and yes, I have a question. What did you think of the Lookouts leadoff hitter, the little guy who homered and doubled?
    He looked good. I wouldn't say that he stood out in a major way or anything. I will say that I noticed him and Caonabo Cosme. Cosme because of his name....that is really odd... I thought Henry really seemed to hustle (good in Cincy right) and he did hit the ball well yesterday. I think but I am not sure on this (it could have been someone else) but I believe Henry was the one that lost his temper a couple of times (threw his helmet and other things on two occassions). It might not have been him but it was certainly someone who batted right before or right after him. My wife didn't like that. I will say whoever it was acted a little immature. Again please don't quote me on that one because I am not 100% sure.

Rosales impressed me with his defense. He made some nice plays. (He might not be known for his defense...I have no idea...but he looked good yesterday)
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Some pics from Labor Day of Johnny Cueto.
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

One last picture of a couple of future Reds stars... My 3 kids...I won out with my boys (both Reds fans). The pain in the tail girl roots for whoever plays the Reds.

uoduck1017

Great pics, Paul. About the kids being Reds fans...2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Turn Off Ads?