Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay Bruce, not getting the call (per BA)

Re: Jay Bruce, not getting the call (per BA)

Keep dunn and junior for next year. Then come may when griffey pulls something and is out for 3 months bring up bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    Keep dunn and junior for next year. Then come may when griffey pulls something and is out for 3 months bring up bruce.
    Arent we optimistic?:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post

There's nothing wrong with giving Bruce a few more months in AAA. My only question is, given an outfield of Bruce, Hamilton, and Dunn/Griffey, who plays CF?
    Rick, I have seen Hamilton play CF, and his range isn't quite what I would like in CF. He gets the balls he should in CF, but if he and Bruce are both in the OF, I would let Bruce play in CF until he shows less range out there. Plus, Hamilton has the slightly better arm than Bruce, which would be better suited for a corner. Still a nice little problem to have.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Rick, I have seen Hamilton play CF, and his range isn't quite what I would like in CF. He gets the balls he should in CF, but if he and Bruce are both in the OF, I would let Bruce play in CF until he shows less range out there. Plus, Hamilton has the slightly better arm than Bruce, which would be better suited for a corner. Still a nice little problem to have.
    I'm more worried about having a team with a LF (Dunn or Junior) and two RF. I agree regarding Hamilton, he's serviceable in CF but no asset. My understanding of Bruce is that he is similar to Hamilton defensively. If he's truly superior, then there's not really a question.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?