Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Web site tracks Red Sox magic number

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Web site tracks Red Sox magic number

I thought this web site which tracks the Red Sox magic number was simple and clever. It even made me a little envious of Red Sox fans that they are following a team with a magic number under 20 this early in September.

I'll lob this softball question for the comedians here to knock out of the park. What could we Reds fans be tracking with a web site this simple?
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Web site tracks Red Sox magic number

How many years are left in our "rebuilding" movement.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I was surprised when the link didn't lead me to espn.com!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

number of months until Pete Rose decides he needs some more media exposure and hypes another crappy ghost-written autobiography

number of more times Chris Welsh and Thommarty player-hate each other in the booth until Chris Welsh gets canned for no good reason

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    How many years are left in our "rebuilding" movement.
    If we'd ever actually started a rebuild instead of trying to fix the foundation with duck tape and glue maybe we'd be closer
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If we'd ever actually started a rebuild instead of trying to fix the foundation with duck tape and glue maybe we'd be closer
    Hey, at least we are using Gorilla Glue now. That's a start.

Maybe a game like Cliffhangers from the Price is Right to track the average age of the bullpen?

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

This one tracks all the races, and unlike many of the internet sites, it takes into account head-to-head matchups which could create or destroy the opportunity for a team to make up ground.

The magic numbers you see are to clinch a tie. So you need to technically ad one to reach the posteason outright.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Every time I walk into a manufacturing company, I see a "count-up" board noting that said company has gone X days without an accident.

I suggest a web site that tracks a count-up of how many days since we've seen a Brennaman Adam Dunn bashing. It'd be really easy to maintain as the number would generally always be "0".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?