Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm going to KATHMANDU....

I'm going to KATHMANDU....

....at least that's what Bob Seegar sang. For any of you that may actually be thinking of making that trip here's a little note just to let you know that everything is O'ky D'oky for your flight.

KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm going to KATHMANDU....

I love the idea that sky god Akash Bhairab is sitting up in the clouds thinking, "Man, I really could go for some goat right now. Maybe if I mess with a couple of planes, they'll send a couple up to me."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I love the idea that sky god Akash Bhairab is sitting up in the clouds thinking, "Man, I really could go for some goat right now. Maybe if I mess with a couple of planes, they'll send a couple up to me."
    "...but it'd better come with that awesome hot sauce, otherwise: mechanical failure, here we come!"
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

If it takes a goat to fix a mechanical issue, what does it take for something minor like a delayed flight or lost baggage?

Can you get away with a squirl or would you have to jump up to a hedgehog or raccoon to get the job done?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

The could always get on their knees, put their hands together and whisper softly to Akash in the hope he/she might hear.

But what fun would that be compared to a goat BBQ?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

And then there's Qantas Airlines. Some of you have no doubt seen this before but those of you that haven't may get a grin out of it:

Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers of Qantas lack a sense of humor. Here are some logged maintenance complaints by Qantas pilots and the corrective action recorded by mechanics. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident. P stands for the problem the pilots entered in the log, and S stands for the corrective action taken by the mechanics.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.

S: Almost replaced left inside main tire

P: Test flight OK, except autoland very rough.

S: Autoland not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.

S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.

S: Live bugs on backorder.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200-fpm descent.

S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.

S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.

S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.

S: That's what they're there for.

P: IFF inoperative.

S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windscreen.

S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing. (note: this was for a piston-engine airplane; the pilot meant the engine was not running smoothly)

S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.

S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Radar hums.

S: Reprogrammed radar with words.

P: Mouse in cockpit.

S: Cat installed

Rem

For a Level Playing Field

If a goat can keep the Cubs from being World Champs for 100 years (yeah!), then a goat or two can definitely fix an airplane. Long live(?) goats!

Turn Off Ads?