Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can microwave popcorn be hazardous to your health?

Can microwave popcorn be hazardous to your health?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Can microwave popcorn be hazardous to your health?

Yes.

Personally, I hate the smell of microwave popcorn. I hate when people starting popping that crap at work. It goes on for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Personally, I hate the smell of microwave popcorn. I hate when people starting popping that crap at work. It goes on for hours.

I hate the smell of burnt microwave popcorn.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    Really? Wow. I always thought that was a universal smell that would be plesant and cause one to...well....want to eat some popcorn.

Obviously, I am mistaken.

Popcorn is evil, sure it smells nice but it tastes like nothing unless you cover it with a heart stopping amount of butter and then..worst of all..it gets stuck in your teeth.

Ban it.
    Go Gators!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I had a job where the boss banned microwave popcorn. If a newbie broke the rule, he'd be right over to tell them.

Kinda funny to see the CEO of a multimillion dollar company getting on a 64 year old phone order taker's case about popcorn.

This guy also had it out for scotch tape, so the popcorn thing isn't so strange I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Popcorn is evil, sure it smells nice but it tastes like nothing unless you cover it with a heart stopping amount of butter and then..worst of all..it gets stuck in your teeth.

Ban it.

Popcorn rocks. You just don't know how to make it.

I like to take a big pan and put some olive oil in it. Then I put some crushed red pepper, salt and maybe some curry powder or rosemary right into the oil. Then I mix in the popcorn kernels, cover and pop them.

This way the popcorn is pre-flavored and you don't have to put any butter or additional salt on it at all.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Popcorn rocks. You just don't know how to make it.

I like to take a big pan and put some olive oil in it. Then I put some crushed red pepper, salt and maybe some curry powder or rosemary right into the oil. Then I mix in the popcorn kernels, cover and pop them.

This way the popcorn is pre-flavored and you don't have to put any butter or additional salt on it at all.
    Aarrghhh.......I'm gonna' have to go make some popcorn, right now, after that missive. I've got everything except the curry powder (which I don't like anyway) but the rest sounds so good.....

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I had a job where the boss banned microwave popcorn. If a newbie broke the rule, he'd be right over to tell them.

Kinda funny to see the CEO of a multimillion dollar company getting on a 64 year old phone order taker's case about popcorn.

This guy also had it out for scotch tape, so the popcorn thing isn't so strange I guess.
    Did we work together?

My CEO HATED popcorn, and you were in EVEN more trouble if you used the intercom system.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

My CEO HATED popcorn, and you were in EVEN more trouble if you used the intercom system.
    Using the intercom system was almost encouraged. It was a great way to relieve stress during the busy holiday season. I once did a rendition of that Four Season's song, "I love you baby, and if it's quite alright I need you baby..." very loudly and I didn't even get any feedback.

But no popcorn, or you were in some trouble.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

My wife's been saying the stuff is toxic for years. So of course I eat it.

She really, really enjoyed being "right" tonight while we watched the 10:00 news.
    Stick to your guns.

Look hard enough, anything can be dangerous. I bet there is some way water could be dangerous, though no reason comes to mind at the moment.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?