Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Reference Minors Style

Baseball Reference Minors Style

Maybe this is old news, maybe this isn't. But I just accidentally stumbled upon baseball-reference.com's minor league version of baseball reference while at baseball-reference.com.

http://www.baseball-reference.com

or

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/

But the nifty thing is you can access any minor league player on regular ole baseball-reference.com under the player search. Search for Bruce, Jay under baseball-reference.com, and it takes you straight to Jay Bruce's minor league page. And for those wondering, here is Jay Bruce's minor league page ...

http://minors.baseball-reference.com...s.cgi?pid=1865

What's the really cool thing about minors.baseball-reference.com? They've got actual league stats for the minor leagues now. So now we know, for example, that the 2007 FSL had a league .713 OPS this season with 4.48 runs per game per team average.

Just another valuable baseball site to bookmark and spend countless hours browsing.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball Reference Minors Style

I think this is a relatively new development Jason.

I wonder if they plan on integrating the two at some point. The one thing baseballcube still has going for it is that you can look a guy's entire professional career all in one place.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

sforman71

We actually launched it today. Integration should happen at some point this off-season.

sean

Quote Originally Posted by sforman71 View Post
    We actually launched it today. Integration should happen at some point this off-season.

sean
    Is this the real Sean Forman?

Seriously, this is excellent news with the new minor league data and a plan to integrate everything. You're taking what was already the single greatest web site on the entire Net and making it even better. Keep up the great work!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

sforman71

Yeah it is. I was seaching my logs for links and came across your post. Glad you enjoy the site.

Big time thanks Sean. LOVE the site. Couldn't live without it. I'm also really digging the splits you've added this year. Keep up the great work.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yeah. Your site is awesome. Keep it up. Thanks for coming to Redzone.com too.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Next to RZ this has now officially become the #2 baseball site on the web for me!!! Much thanks Sean for adding MILB and continue to carry on with a great product.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Is this the real Sean Forman?

Seriously, this is excellent news with the new minor league data and a plan to integrate everything. You're taking what was already the single greatest web site on the entire Net and making it even better. Keep up the great work!
    What Cyclone said. Love your site Sean.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?