Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade idea

Trade idea

Ok, I never do this. Maybe a 1st, but we are trade partners with the twins and I was thinking outloud. Would you trade
    Votto, Dunn, and Weathers for

Lirano and Nathan?

I think I would. I don't want to trade Votto, but to get a potential 1 and a closer I'd probably pull the trigger. Some question on Lirano's arm and of course we are assuming he is to be 100% by spring training. How about Santana? Big dollars, but getting rid of 13 million.

Just curious how special some think Votto is.

Thanks.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade idea

I wouldn't think the Twins would do that. Liriano was as good as, if not better than, Johan before the injury and Nathan is a top flight closer with a reasonably priced option year.

Even if you could get Dunn to waive the no trade protection prior to the deadline, he'd likely be gone after the season. The only long term player in the deal for the Twins is Votto, which doesn't seem likely to be enough to coax them out of Liriano and Nathan.

I'd do it, but the Twins never would. And that's really all that matters.

I was thinking of this one the other day and came up with the following:

Bailey, Phillips, Votto, and a couple more young-ish prospects (Watson, Pelland, maybe Wood, too) for Liriano/ Santana and Nathan.

That's when I stopped thinking of it.

That's a lot to pay.

Don't the Twins have the reigning Mvp playing first base there
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I was thinking of this one the other day and came up with the following:

Bailey, Phillips, Votto, and a couple more young-ish prospects (Watson, Pelland, maybe Wood, too) for Liriano/ Santana and Nathan.

That's when I stopped thinking of it.

That's a lot to pay.

A small market team like the Reds shouldn't be trading their entire farm system for guys like Santana and Nathan who are 1 year from FA.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    A small market team like the Reds shouldn't be trading their entire farm system for guys like Santana and Nathan who are 1 year from FA.
    Amen to that.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

I just know the Twins can't afford all these players coming up for FA. Seems like I heard Nathan was on the block and they were going to reup Santana. That's why I was thining Lirano. All I know is we have Votto, Kepp, Bruce, Hopper, EE, Hamilton, Dunn, Hate - They can't all play. I say put everyone on the block and the best pitching deal we roll with it and sort the cards out where they lay. We have some offense - WE NEED PITCHING>

Thanks for comments.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?