Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fireballing Sister

Fireballing Sister

My wife showed me the picture of Sr. Michaeleen, an 88 year old Sister of Mercy who threw out the first pitch yesterday. Sr. Michaeleen still works in the library at McAuley High School. We first met her when my daughters went there, but when my folks were at one of my oldest daughter's art shows, my dad saw her and remembered her from when he was in grade school in Price Hill. She's just nine years older, but I guess she was a new nun back then (early 40's). Dad reminded her that the pastor at the church used to have the Jr. High guys carry cases of beer up to the sisters' rec room on the top floor of the convent!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fireballing Sister

I thought Stanton was a lefty?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Oh yeah- the nuns can put away the beer. My grandfather was a driver for the nuns at Mt. St. Joe's and one of his jobs was to keep them from running out of 14-K.

My aunt is a nun at Oldenburg and for the record I've never seen her with a beer in her hand. But I have seen taps in the refrigerators of the cafeteria there.

And speaking of taps- my grandfather's funeral was at St. William's in glorious Price Hill. My wife, a protestant interloper, was simply amazed at the fact that not only did we hold his wake in the church basement, but that we were filling our pitchers of beer from taps in the refrigerators of the kitchen. "Isn't this where the kids eat?", she asked.
    None of us really understood the question.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Oh yeah- the nuns can put away the beer. My grandfather was a driver for the nuns at Mt. St. Joe's and one of his jobs was to keep them from running out of 14-K.

My aunt is a nun at Oldenburg and for the record I've never seen her with a beer in her hand. But I have seen taps in the refrigerators of the cafeteria there.

And speaking of taps- my grandfather's funeral was at St. William's in glorious Price Hill. My wife, a protestant interloper, was simply amazed at the fact that not only did we hold his wake in the church basement, but that we were filling our pitchers of beer from taps in the refrigerators of the kitchen. "Isn't this where the kids eat?", she asked.
    None of us really understood the question.
    One thing my Catholic friends and I often say is that being Catholic is in alotta ways the funnest religion out there!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Bar, then church, back to bar -- its called Midnight Mass and it comes around once a year.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

I'm working our church festival this weekend (St. Susanna in Mason). Tried to get the beer booth but only got a gambling one.

Nothing like some good church-sanctioned beer drinking and gambling.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'm working our church festival this weekend (St. Susanna in Mason). Tried to get the beer booth but only got a gambling one.

Nothing like some good church-sanctioned beer drinking and gambling.
    My church has a turkey shoot, so you get church-sanctioned beer drinking, gambling, and gun play.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

That Nun throws better than the Mayor.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    That Nun throws better than the Mayor.
    I thought of that too - maybe next year Mayor Mallory can get the good sister to give him pointers. To heck with Foster, Griffey, Rose and Larkin.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    beer drinking, gambling, and gun play.

Out here in Indiana we just call that Tuesday.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Out here in Indiana we just call that Tuesday.
    Good stuff!

Turn Off Ads?