Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3:10 to Yuma

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 3:10 to Yuma

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    My top 10 is: (Put in order of what I would watch 1st if they were all on at the same time)

Lonesome Dove
    Tombstone
    Return to Lonesome Dove
    Young Guns
    The Sons of Katie Elder
    Dances with Wolves (I count it)
    Unforgiven
    3:10 to Yuma
    The Magnificent Seven
    Wyatt Earp
    The Quick and the Dead *Edit* (#10 is changed to Open Range)

My only obvious thumbs down is:
    The Wild Bunch - Had to turn it off about 1/4 of the way through!

Special Mention to:
    Anything w/ Eastwood, Wayne, Duvall, Costner & Sam Elliott in it.
    Being a huge fan of westerns, I don't think I could name my Top 10 westerns. I'd discover I had left something out.

Some of my favorites, besides what you have mentioned above.....

The Westerner (Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan)
    My Darling Clementine (Henry Fonda)
    High Noon (simply a classic)
    Santa Fe Trail (Errol Flynn)
    Winchester 73
    Gun Fight At OK Corral
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

When it comes to John Wayne and Clint Eastwood westerns - I love them all. I've come close to having them all in my collection; but if they're on TV I'll still watch them. But IMO, you can't beat a John Ford or Howard Hawk western.

Some of my favorites though....

The Searchers (just bought it in Hi-Def)
    Chisum (classic Wayne)
    While I liked True Grit, I really enjoyed the sequel Rooster Cogburn with Hepburn. What a duo.

The Sergio Leone trilogy was excellent. But one of my favorite of Eastwood's is The Outlaw Josie Wales.

Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid is also good. I didn't really care much for The Wild Bunch w/ William Holden.

Over this past year I've been making the effort to try and find/collect the old 50's/60's TV western series I grew up enjoying. Shows like Cheyenne, Sugar Foot, Bronco, Have Gun Will Travel, and others.

Thank God for the Encore Western channel. I watch it religiously.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-16-2008 at 09:14 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?