Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3:10 to Yuma

3:10 to Yuma

I saw this movie Sunday night and the further I get away from it the more I find myself wanting to see it again. It's safe to say that I loved this movie. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale were very good, as you would expect, but Ben Foster played a great bad guy and his performance really made the movie for me. And Luke Wilson has a cool cameo as well.

BTW my wife generally doesn't like Westerns, but she really liked this movie.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3:10 to Yuma

I am very much looking forward to seeing this movie. My girlfriend thinks it looks stupid, I think she's crazy.

La Dolce Vita

In preparation to see this movie we recently saw on dvd the quite good, original 1957 version starring Van Heflin and Glen Ford.

The New Yorker review of the new film goes on about how good Russell Crowe is. As Razor says, and from other reviews I've read, evidently, "Six Feet Under's" Ben Foster is a real scene stealer.

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.
    Last edited by Sweetstop; 09-06-2007 at 06:13 PM.
    teach tolerance.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I just saw it today. It's a good story and I liked it OK, but I wasn't bowled over by it.

I think I was least impressed by Christian Bale's work in the film. I don't know if his character was written to be dull or if his performance was flat, but I found him hard to root for. Considering how important his character was, I would have liked to see someone different in that role.
    /r/reds

I went ahead and bought the DVD today without seeing it. Hokey smokes it was great.

Can't believe there isn't much Oscar buzz for it.

Saw it previously and it convinced me to buy it on Blu-Ray this weekend.

To my surprise, I came home for lunch today and the wife had already picked it up! Watching it in high def right now. She's so cool.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I just ordered this thru Netflix - it should be there when I get home today and I will be watching this bad boy sometime this week.

I'm sure you are all waiting patiently for my review so I shalln't disappoint
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

It's a fantastic movie.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Senor Votto

Great movie I loved it when I saw it in theaters I'll probably buy it on DVD soon.

Gonna rent it and Open Range tommorrow. Ya just can't beat good westerns IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Open Range is a good movie if you haven't seen it yet. Robert Duvall is one of my favorites. I definitely need to see Yuma, it sounds like my kind of flick. Is it truly "the best western since Unforgiven'? Unforgiven was a beauty.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

3 Time CY Young winner

3:10 was a good movie but personally I don't think its on the same level as Unforgiven. Still a good movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Is it truly "the best western since Unforgiven'? Unforgiven was a beauty.
    When I saw that the first thing that came to mind was "Has there even been a major studio produce or release to the theaters a western since Unforgiven?

Lonesome Dove and Open Range were TV series, so I don't know if they would count.

The first time I saw Unforgiven I didn't like it. But it has since become one of my favorites. Eastwood made some solid westerns. I have them all on DVD. I still liked Pale Rider. The Outlaw Josie Wales is one of the best. As is The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-10-2008 at 01:25 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I loved 3:10 to Yuma, but I don't even think it's the best western this year. The Assassination of the Outlaw Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was one of my all time favorite movies. Casey Afflect is great in that movie.

Yuma is really good though I bought the Blu-Ray yesterday.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The Assassination of the Outlaw Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    Simply the worst title of the year.

Fans must refer to it by "TAOTOJJBTCRF."

Turn Off Ads?