Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon State at UC predictions...

Oregon State at UC predictions...

I'll say 31-20 UC. I'll be there in the BearcatLair tonight.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Oregon State at UC predictions...

I like UC's team this season, I don't like the matchup with oSu, the Beavers faced a spread team last week and know how to defend it. They have the athletes to do it as well. They also are a power running team, and UC has a defense built on speed, not power. My guess is Oregon State 27 -- University of Cincinnati 24. UC scores late to bring it closer, game never really in doubt.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Wow.

UC just got an INT and a quick score to make it 34-3 late in the third.

Impressive.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Go UC they look good!

Oregon State looks like total crap though, they didn't get on the plane.

I am not sure how to read this one. I thought Oregon State was decent, but I am not so sure after watching this. Their QB play has been very poor.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

UC will be intercepting passes in OSU's dreams for weeks.

Did I here correctly...seven turnovers?
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

You did hear correctly. UC's defense controlled that game from the start until the end.

UC's defense was totally dominant and set up just about every score the offense had. UC's offense looked like it could use some work, especially that offensive line. Geesh, Mauk was scrambling for his life most of the night and there was no running room. It's amazing how bad their offensive line played and how lopsided the score was.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

That was fun.

Go Cats!
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Brian Kelly has something special brewing in Clifton...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Brian Kelly has something special brewing in Clifton...

Wait till they lose a game.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Only if the Bengals win that week
    Go Gators!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

My opinion won't change. There's something about him...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    My opinion won't change. There's something about him...

We'll see. Historically this town hasn't supported UC football win or lose. They are on a nice roll now but if someone like WVU or LOU smokes them or they stumble against MIA, it will be the same old Bearcats again to a lot of these bandwagoners and they'll be lucky to draw 25K to their games. If they want this support to continue, they will need to keep winning. By that I don't mean, win 2 lose 1, I mean run the table.
    Last edited by Chip R; 09-07-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Why do you say that? Pure bandwagon hooplah?

This UC football team is the culmination of the efforts of 3 head coaches, and 4 years of building. They are not the number one team in the country, so they will lose a game, if not many, but they are still a winning team, with a special buzz about them, and firey head coach to boot.

Chip, out of curiosity, is this natural skepticism, Cincinnati pessimism, or fandom for another team coming through?
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Why do you say that? Pure bandwagon hooplah?

This UC football team is the culmination of the efforts of 3 head coaches, and 4 years of building. They are not the number one team in the country, so they will lose a game, if not many, but they are still a winning team, with a special buzz about them, and firey head coach to boot.

Chip, out of curiosity, is this natural skepticism, Cincinnati pessimism, or fandom for another team coming through?
    Mainly natural skepticism but I've been around here long enough to know that losing a game or two is going to cool this ardor for them and if they end up going to the Texas Bowl or the International Bowl or the Motor City Bowl again, the reaction is going to be ho-hum. They don't necessarily need to go undefeated, but it sure wouldn't hurt. Losing to someone like LOU or WVU by a close score at the end of the season shouldn't make too many people jumping off the bandwagon but to keep everyone on there and make room for more, they are going to have to beat one or both of those teams and go to a BCS bowl.

I'd love to see UC capture the hearts and minds of this city and area. I went to several UC games when I first moved here. I was there for the Wisconsin game. I think they have some problems with how the stadium is situated and where the campus is at that is going to keep them from being a real happening like football is elsewhere.

I wish them luck and hope for the best. Beating Oregon St. is great but they have a long ways to go become an event here.

Turn Off Ads?