Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson gets an early start to trash talking

Re: Chad Johnson gets an early start to trash talking

Personally, I don't enjoy the trash talking. I figure if you beat the other guy, respect your competitor enough to not rub it in. If you can't beat the other guy, you simply look like a jerk who runs his mouth better than he plays the game.

Play the GAME and play it hard. Leave the talking to the reporters and commentators.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Chad Johnson is awesome. Every team knows his trash talking isn't mean-spirited, and is all in good fun.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I can understand why you don't like him. But he's nothing like Owens. I don't think Chad has ripped his QB and disrupted the locker room. He's just got a big mouth.
    No doubt. I probably shouldn't link those two together like that. No one is as bad as Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Chad Johnson is awesome. Every team knows his trash talking isn't mean-spirited, and is all in good fun.
    Except maybe the Browns and a few other teams. Whenever they play the Browns, it always seems like the DBs are waiting to tee up on him. They almost seem to forget about the rest of the team just to take shots at Chad.

Chad is definitely trying to make the game more fun. I liken his trash talking to the good natured trash talking that friends give each other when they play against each other. His stunts are more like practical jokes than any kind of mean-spirited jabs. I think Hines Ward and TO can be much more mean-spirited with their talk. In fact, I think TJ has a bit of a mean streak in him. I remember that game a few years back when they beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and the NFL network showed it as the "Game of the Week" with NFL Films footage of TJ shining his shoes with a terrible towel. TJ did not seem like he was joking around when he did it. I think he genuinely doesn't like the Steelers.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I don't need to see guys performing idiotic dances and hear a bunch of trash talk for me to have fun watching the game. But again, that's just me. The game of football is entertaining for me, not the Johnson and Terrell Owens' of the game. To each their own.
    Amen!

If we need the likes of Chad Johnson, and his antics, to spice up and make the games more interesting and fun to watch then the NFL ha a bigger problem.

I'm "old school" when it comes to receivers and scoring. Guys like Paul Warfield, Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, Lynn Swann, Ozzie Newsome, Chris Collinsworth.

Class, grace, and dignity.

I don't need some idiot pulling his cellphone out in the endzone and calling his Mom. Just stupid.

If I was the opposng team I'd be out to wring his clock on that playing field as soon as possible.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-08-2007 at 06:08 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Chad celebrates when he gets in the endzone. As Reds Fanatic says it is all in fun. I am not a huge fan of celebratoin but I do not mind if it is after a score. What I dislike very much is when Madieu celebrates a tackle or a hit. Or a db celebrates after they make a play. Especially when a team is losing or in a close game there is no celebratoin needed when you make a play. If you score that is one thing, if you mearly make a good football play that is another.
    First of all i love Chad's antics. But the thing is if anybody should be celebrating over a big play, is the defense because defense wins superbowls.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

For those comedy fans out there, Daniel Tosh says it best.

Something to the effect of: People sit on their couches and yell at the TV 'you just need to shut up and do your job, stop celebrating'.... Their job is to catch A BALL. It's really not that serious.

I guess there are just too many old school guys who really dislike the celebrations, but I don't see the harm in it. It's entertaining, and if you remember, someone has to score or make an accomplishment in order to do said celebration. As long as it doesn't slow the game down or offend/hurt anyone, who cares? Or who SHOULD care? No one IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Amen!

If we need the likes of Chad Johnson, and his antics, to spice up and make the games more interesting and fun to watch then the NFL ha a bigger problem.

I'm "old school" when it comes to receivers and scoring. Guys like Paul Warfield, Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth, Lynn Swann, Ozzie Newsome, Chris Collinsworth.

Class, grace, and dignity.

I don't need some idiot pulling his cellphone out in the endzone and calling his Mom. Just stupid.

If I was the opposng team I'd be out to wring his clock on that playing field as soon as possible.

GAC's just jealous cause there aren't any Browns who can get into the end zone on a regular basis. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Chad understands that whether it is his athletic feats or his trash talking, he is an entertainer.

Something to the effect of: People sit on their couches and yell at the TV 'you just need to shut up and do your job, stop celebrating'.... Their job is to catch A BALL. It's really not that serious.

Re: For the Chad Johnson Haters

Bump.

Interesting short thread. Thing is, I don't remember anyone posturing Chad to be a "me-first" player or a non-team guy in the other thread. I know I didn't. I think we all know Chad wants to win. So does Marvin Harrison. They just have different ways of showing it.

Chad is the most entertaining player in the league, IMO. Isn't that what matters?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Hardest working clown in show business.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

He could use some better material, that future HOF jacket didnt do a whole lot for me. I like him I think he is funny and does care about winning.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Chad is a breath of fresh air on a team that could use one. I applaud his PR efforts. One play he's holding his hammy and limping, the next he's going deep for 40 yards. A true gamesman. We're lucky to be seeing it every week.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?