Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Jorgensen gets 50-game suspension from MLB

Re: Jorgensen suspended

How does rotoworld know it's not steroids?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Not good whatever the substance
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I am sorry to hear this. His first ML hit and the grand slam were enjoyable to me as a baseball fan. I wish Ryan Jorgensen the best in coming back to professional baseball.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This might get ugly on these boards.....
    If my count is correct, Jorgensen becomes the fourth player under the Reds employ to be suspended under the JDP&T program.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    What's to say he wasn't on them before he got called up?
    It doesn't matter. He was on the Reds forty man roster and was subject to MLB testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    no im saying when they said he had personal obligations, i was like WHAT? what guy that might never get another chance to play MLB, going to do something else for a month when he can get paid pretty well that the personal obligation could have waited.. thats what i am referring too.. no idea if what he did was here or in the minors.. im saying before we heard about the suspension
    I can think of a lot of reasons that I'd blow a pro-rated MLB salary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'm already affixing an asterisk in front of his only career grand slam.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Are you going to do the same with Rick Ankiel?
    Not yet. I'm not affixing one to Glaus, just in case you were wondering. Has either failed a drug test yet? Has either been convicted of possession/distrubution yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Not steroids.
    It's PED's.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    I

Not yet. I'm not affixing one to Glaus, just in case you were wondering. Has either failed a drug test yet? Has either been convicted of possession/distrubution yet?
    Nope but they did get busted with receiving HGH. That's enough for me. Rick Ankiel is a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2 View Post
    If my count is correct, Jorgensen becomes the fourth player under the Reds employ to be suspended under the JDP&T program.
    Perhaps, but as far as we know, he's the first of those four to interact on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    What's to say he wasn't on them before he got called up?
    I thought I woke up in The USA this morning.What the heck happened to innocent untill proven guilty?

Shouldn't we wait untill we hear the whole story before we pass any sort of judgement?

Steriods or High are not the only things they test for.

Maybe he messed up and made a mistake the likes of which he never made before. Who knows what happend?

I think I'll wait awhile longer to brand this kid with whatever mark y'all want to burn him with.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-08-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Re: Ryan Jorgensen gets 50-game suspension from MLB

Heres me wondering what if. Any chance the thread that was removed from the minor league forum had anything to do with this suspension? Very interesting indeed.

Very typical for people to "jump the gun" in judgment. At this stage it has not been made public whether it was performance enhancing or recreational drugs.

Jorgensen suspended
    Catcher violated Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- Major League Baseball announced on Friday that catcher Ryan Jorgensen was suspended for 50 games for violating the league's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
    Jorgensen was with the Reds from Aug. 14-26 and played in four games, batting .200 with two home runs and six RBIs. The 28-year-old batted .237 in 73 games this season for Triple-A Louisville.

On Aug. 15, Jorgensen's first big league hit was a homer vs. the Cubs at Wrigley Field. On Aug. 26 vs. the Marlins, he hit a grand slam before being optioned back to Louisville when David Ross was activated from the disabled list.

When September callups were announced earlier this week after rosters expanded, Jorgensen's name was not included. The Reds said at the time it was because of personal reasons.

It was not known if Jorgensen tested positive for performance enhancing or recreational drugs. He joined the Reds organization after being acquired from the Marlins for a Minor Leaguer in March 2006.

Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky declined to comment on the situation.

"The Cincinnati Reds support Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the club said in a statement. "Ryan understands the rules of the program and will serve the appropriate suspension."
    Last edited by GAC; 09-08-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Nope but they did get busted with receiving HGH. That's enough for me. Rick Ankiel is a cheater.
    Well, no they haven't. They haven't been "busted" for anything yet. It may be enough for you, but I'd prefer some more information before labeling someone as a cheater. And even if the published reports are true, Ankiel received his last shipment of Saizen and Genotropin in 2004. Those drugs weren't added to MLB's list of prohibited drugs until 2005. As of today, he's guilty of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Perhaps, but as far as we know, he's the first of those four to interact on this site.
    Wow! Really? What was his screen name so I can do a search for his posts. That's pretty cool to have a member of the Reds organization posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I thought I woke up in The USA this morning.What the heck happened to innocent untill proven guilty?
    Barry Bonds says hello.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Very typical for people to "jump the gun" in judgment. At this stage it has not been made public whether it was performance enhancing or recreational drugs.
    If the JDP&T is working correctly, then you should never know what drug was being taken specifically. But as we've seen, that isn't the case. As far as "jumping the gun" on Jorgensen though, unless I'm mistaken, the penalties for Drugs of Abuse are different from the penalties for Steroids: read PED's (including HGH). A fifty game suspension means only one thing. Ryan Jorgensen failed a test for PED's and not a for test Drugs of Abuse/"recreational drugs".
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

This makes me sad. I like him, and he seems to have a lot of upside.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I'm not trying to pick a fight, but are you being sarcastic?

Well he did hit that grand slam
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Upside....well, not so much. But, I'm with you TB, I also found him to be very likeable.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm not trying to pick a fight, but are you being sarcastic?
    You must be forgetting what team's site you are posting on. This is the Reds. Of course he has a lot of upside. But seriously, I wouldn't have minded him being the 3rd catcher next year at all. By 3rd I mean the guy that gets called up when one of the other 2 goes down. I don't mean the 3 headed monster that WayneK employees.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Turn Off Ads?