Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2007 Honda Family Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2007 Honda Family Festival

They have it every year in September. They use to rent out either Kings Island or Cedar Point for Honda only, but they stopped doing that about 5 years ago and started doing these family Fests over in Columbus where they rent the Convention Center and Nationwide Arena, as well as free admission to movies at Arena Grande Theatre. They have all types of various activities, as well as rides, over at the Convention Center and outside.

I've never went to one since they started doing it because I always heard they were a disappointment. Many wish they hadn't stopped with the Cedar Point/Kings Island thing; but one really can't/shouldn't complain when they really don't have to be doing anything at all.

At Nationwide Arena they have appearing Patti LaBelle, Trace Adkins, and ZZ Top, with Bill Engvall doing the follow up show to each.

My wife isn't going so it's just me hauling about 7 teenagers over there. I heard there is an excellent imported beer garden over there, so I may need to it. One of the teens can drive home.

I also need to stop and buy a pack of BIC lighters for the ZZ Top concert. Do they still do that? I haven't been to a concert in over 25 years. Will probably lose any of the hearing I have left.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: 2007 Honda Family Festival

wrong forum. Sorry. Can I mod move this for me?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    wrong forum. Sorry. Can I mod move this for me?
    Just thorw in a line in your prior post about how Adam Dunn strikes out too much and then it can stay in the baseball forum.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I also need to stop and buy a pack of BIC lighters for the ZZ Top concert. Do they still do that? I haven't been to a concert in over 25 years. Will probably lose any of the hearing I have left.
    Times have changed. All you need now is the light from your trusty cell phone screen.

I've started wearing earplugs to indoor concerts. You can hear and feel the music just fine and I've found that I like being able to hear normally as I walk back to my car after the show.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 09-08-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    /r/reds

We have our Kings Island day next week, I think.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Times have changed. All you need now is the light from your trusty cell phone screen.
    I witnessed that last night. Man how the times they have changed.

I've started wearing earplugs to indoor concerts. You can hear and feel the music just fine and I've found that I like being able to hear normally as I walk back to my car after the show.
    WHAT'D YOU SAY!

It was an excellent concert. I'll tell ya what - Billy Gibbons, who has always been one of my favorites, is an excellent guitar player. Especially on the slide guitar. We had excellent seats to the left of the stage and right in front of the big screen. I just sat there and watched him play the guitar and was enthralled.

They did a Hendrix tribute, while showing old pics of the group with Jimi, and did a version of Foxy Lady that I wish I could get on tape. He had the guitar licks down.

Now I realize, since I'm in my 50's, that I'm not getting any younger and now part of the "over the hill" gang; but I just couldn't get use to seeing these 68 yr old grandparents who had taken the grandchildren to this concert and then seeing grandma stand up and shake it, while flicking a BIC lighter, and singing along to "Tube Snake Boogie".

I kept telling myself "something ain't right with this picture!"

I thought that thing was next weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Looks like someone wanted you to think that. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm sorry I was wrong. I got my dates mixed up.

"I'm an old man. I didn't know what I was doing. What day is this again?"

Turn Off Ads?