Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 9/9/07 vs Miller products

Haunted by walks

Re: 9/9/07 vs Miller products

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Third time.

The Reds have had it happen to them twice.
    But that was the bottom of the inning.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    But that was the bottom of the inning.
    Good point...I didn't think of that

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Third time.

The Reds have had it happen to them twice.
    The good news is that Jeff Austin never pitched again for the Reds after the shelling in Atlanta. I would be ok if the same fate befell Dumatrait, who looks more like a career college student than a major league pitcher.

So is there anything good to be taken from today's game?

I didn't get a chance to listen, but looking at the box score, it looks like we got decent pitching performances from Saarloos (3 IP, 2 K, 2 Hits, 1 BB, 1 ER); Guardado & Coutlangus both pitched a hitless and scoreless inning each and Coffey gave up one hit but pitched a scoreless inning.

On the offensive side, Votto continues to perform well, EE homered, Hanigan got his 1st ML hit (a 2B), Cantu doubled. Phillips stole 2 bases.

I know none of this alters the other pathetic pitching performances, but it's good to pull some plus from a dismal game like this.

By the way, I just started a thread about this, then decided it didn't warrant a thread on a Reds message board, but you heard it here first: the Yankees are going to win the World Series this year.

This isn't an educated and brilliant thought, just something that hit me like a ton of bricks in a moment of drunken sweetness as A-Rod nailed his 52nd (!) home run earlier tonight. They've been so far behind all year this year, so much that it's almost becoming unrealistic to expect them to take away their division this year as they've done at the tail end of so many other years. But they're going to win the Wild Card, and be motivated in a way they haven't been in the last few years, and they've got a very heavy dose of petulant youth on their team all of a sudden, and they're going to run away with it.

Ok. The end.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    By the way, I just started a thread about this, then decided it didn't warrant a thread on a Reds message board, but you heard it here first: the Yankees are going to win the World Series this year.

This isn't an educated and brilliant thought, just something that hit me like a ton of bricks in a moment of drunken sweetness as A-Rod nailed his 52nd (!) home run earlier tonight. They've been so far behind all year this year, so much that it's almost becoming unrealistic to expect them to take away their division this year as they've done at the tail end of so many other years. But they're going to win the Wild Card, and be motivated in a way they haven't been in the last few years, and they've got a very heavy dose of petulant youth on their team all of a sudden, and they're going to run away with it.

Ok. The end.
    They are certainly getting hot at the right time and that is all it takes. That's how it's been the past few seasons. The Cardinals were an average team last season. The 2003 Marlins or Angels weren't expected to win either. The White Sox nearly lost a double digit divisional lead in 2005 before getting hot again in the playoffs. The BoSox come from 3-0 down to the Yankees to win it all in 2004. With the way the Yankees are playing right now I'd say they have a very good chance of winning it all, and that wouldn't bother me at all. Unlike a lot of people, I have nothing against the Yankees. I can't hate a team with as much history as they do. And after watching the whole Bronx is Burning series I gained even more respect for them.

Oh, and I actually like George Steinbrenner. Ssshhh.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    the Yankees are going to win the World Series this year.
    I guess they're due....

I wish that team in Cincinnati had that problem

Turn Off Ads?