Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @ PBS

Senor Votto

Re: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @

What a game

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    yep. I agree that was cheap but as a die hard Bengals fan, I will take it.
    Ever see the Bengals on the other side of a bad call? I will gladly take that as well.

I didn't see any pass interference from Heap either. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes the refs make a bad call and then another bad call to make up for the first bad call and a retread linebacker makes an all-world interception to win the game. Crazy game, this football.

I'm not happy with how they won it, but I'll gladly take the Bengals win. Who Dey!
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Bengals got REAL lucky. That PI call against Heap was terrible.
    It's Karma. The Bengals were on the wrong end of bad calls like that back in their 15-year dark period many times.

Very happy the Bengals pulled it out.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    It's Karma. The Bengals were on the wrong end of bad calls like that back in their 15-year dark period many times.

Very happy the Bengals pulled it out.
    I agree with you on that. WHO DEY!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Remember that roughing the passer call on Justin Smith last year in Tampa?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Are you trying to give me nightmares?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    My prediction:

Bengals 27
    Ravens 17
    Nice job with the score prediction, Caveat.

Now, be honest with us. Did your crystal ball have the Bengals scoring their 27 points as 6-3-3-7-8?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    That is a GREAT point. We totally got hosed on that one.

Maybe this is our year!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

i will say the defense really shocked me.. they came to play. they only let up on that TD right before the half.. and wow what a game!! bet the 2nd game tonight doesnt compare to the first one on Monday night...WOW

The Bengals made a statement tonight. Even with their offense misfiring, they can still play tough. Personally, I think the way the defense played after the Ed Reed punt return was downright inspiring. For all intents and purposes, that TD should have crushed their spirit, and it would have last season. Maybe this year is different. Finally.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Nice job with the score prediction, Caveat.

Now, be honest with us. Did your crystal ball have the Bengals scoring their 27 points as 6-3-3-7-8?

I think I had a safety in there somewhere.

If you're a Bengals fan, you have to walk away happy that they picked up a huge win against a team that they'll probably be neck and neck with for the rest of the season.

Bengals played well with a team they're fairly evenly matched with. I think they were aided by some seriously questionable play calling by Brian Billick (who suffers from some complex that requires him to act like he's the smartest guy in the room) -- a simple handoff to McGahee on 3rd and 1 on the INT play or from the goal line at the end of the game and the outcome is quite different, I imagine.

The PI call on Heap was totally phantom, but as I always say: good teams don't let bad officiating beat them or put themselves in situations to let officiating beat them.

Good win for the Bengals. Now the big thing is not to crap the bed against a team they're better than at every imaginable position next week.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    That is a GREAT point. We totally got hosed on that one.

Maybe this is our year!
    Even with the bad call, the Ravens got a holding call that gave them 1st down on the 5. Why they did not run the ball 4 times defies logic.....the Bengals were last or almost last in the league in run defense the last two years. Stupid play calling by the Ravens.

Palmer was not sharp at all, but we won....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Yeah Carson was uncharacteristically inaccurate. Really strange from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I think I had a safety in there somewhere.

If you're a Bengals fan, you have to walk away happy that they picked up a huge win against a team that they'll probably be neck and neck with for the rest of the season.

Bengals played well with a team they're fairly evenly matched with. I think they were aided by some seriously questionable play calling by Brian Billick (who suffers from some complex that requires him to act like he's the smartest guy in the room) -- a simple handoff to McGahee on 3rd and 1 on the INT play or from the goal line at the end of the game and the outcome is quite different, I imagine.

The PI call on Heap was totally phantom, but as I always say: good teams don't let bad officiating beat them or put themselves in situations to let officiating beat them.

Good win for the Bengals. Now the big thing is not to crap the bed against a team they're better than at every imaginable position next week.
    I thought for sure that the Bengals were toast. Once they got 1st and goal from the 5, why not just bust McGahee up the gut 3 times? It seemed like he was getting at least two yards when they did that. It's a good thing that Billick likes to get "cute."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?