Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @ PBS

Re: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I thought for sure that the Bengals were toast. Once they got 1st and goal from the 5, why not just bust McGahee up the gut 3 times? It seemed like he was getting at least two yards when they did that. It's a good thing that Billick likes to get "cute."
    He's a great offensive coordinator, isn't he?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Bengals vs. Diseased Bird Flu Avians (Ravens) - Monday Night Football! 09/10/07 @

Why they did not run the ball 4 times defies logic
    Not enough time. An incomplete pass stops the clock.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Not enough time. An incomplete pass stops the clock.
    There was plenty of time.

They needed 5 yards, they had roughly 1:30-2:00 on the clock, and they could only assume (at that point) they were going to get 4 more snaps.

If anything, they needed to be concerned about the Bengals getting the ball back AFTER a score with too much time.

That they didn't score in that situation, as poor as the interior of the Bengals defense is in the red zone, baffles me.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Well, they did run once. They maybe could have run one more running play, but you never know how long it's going to take to unpile 15 people if they fall short, and with no timeouts, Billick probably would rather have the guaranteed 3 chances through the air than risk being stopped short of the goal and leave a down on the field.

After the running play, they were down to 1:25, which I agree, they could have ran at least once more and probably should have.

I just got home from the game. What a great game. The crowd was just fantastic tonight. Up at all times and loud. Amazing that was an opening game because the atmosphere of the game felt like a playoff game tonight.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Good win for the Bengals. Now the big thing is not to crap the bed against a team they're better than at every imaginable position next week.
    Gotta love how the first two weeks play out. Get that tough game against the Ravens out of the way, then play the Browns. 2-0 would look nice heading up to the northwest to play the Seahawks.

The Cincinnati Bengals opened the 1988 season at home against the Phoenix Cardinals. With time running out in the 4th quarter, the Cardinals had four plays from inside the 5 yard line to tie the game at 21. The Bengals defense held at the goal line and the Bengals went on to win 21-14.

The Cincinnati Bengals opened the 2007 season at home against the Baltimore Ravens. With time running out in the 4th quarter, the Ravens had six plays from inside the 10 yard line to tie the game at 27. The Bengals defense held at the goal line and the Bengals went on to win 27-20.

Anyone remember what that 1988 Bengals team did?

Haha, just some food for thought...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

WHO DEY!!!!

Haven't read through this thread, but anybody see that video of the guy and his daughter during halftime? Very cool.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Loving me some defense....a little swagger, some balls, some smack, some attitude.

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    WHO DEY!!!!

Haven't read through this thread, but anybody see that video of the guy and his daughter during halftime? Very cool.
    I saw it and I agree that it was terrific! That little girl was soooo cute and the fact that she belted out the tune (no tiny, timid voice there) with her dad was just great!

Anyone know if there's a copy on the internet somewhere? Youtube maybe?

Rem

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    The Cincinnati Bengals opened the 1988 season at home against the Phoenix Cardinals. With time running out in the 4th quarter, the Cardinals had four plays from inside the 5 yard line to tie the game at 21. The Bengals defense held at the goal line and the Bengals went on to win 21-14.

The Cincinnati Bengals opened the 2007 season at home against the Baltimore Ravens. With time running out in the 4th quarter, the Ravens had six plays from inside the 10 yard line to tie the game at 27. The Bengals defense held at the goal line and the Bengals went on to win 27-20.

Anyone remember what that 1988 Bengals team did?

Haha, just some food for thought...

If you could hear me...I'm booing you

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yeah Carson was uncharacteristically inaccurate. Really strange from him.
    Early season. He struggled early last year, but then was on it after a few weeks.

The PI call, Heep very slightly pushed off to get the separation and make the catch, I've seen Chad Johnson called for more phantom "push offs" than that over the years. The subsequent defensive holding makeup call was more blatantly phantom, IMO.

Heep was unusually the goat last night, with the ball hitting off his pads for the final INT.

Yeah, I'd also really like a video of that. Looked on youtube, but didn't see it. My wife had to work and missed it, and she would get a big kick out of that.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLvlpDMXyY

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Early season. He struggled early last year, but then was on it after a few weeks.

The PI call, Heep very slightly pushed off to get the separation and make the catch, I've seen Chad Johnson called for more phantom "push offs" than that over the years. The subsequent defensive holding makeup call was more blatantly phantom, IMO.

Heep was unusually the goat last night, with the ball hitting off his pads for the final INT.
    It was a nice sales job by Dexter too, from the refs vantage point, all he could see was Heap extending his arm and Dexter going down like he'd been shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

uoduck1017

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

If anything, I would blame that last INT on Boller. He rifled it in there, and Heap really didn't have much time to react. The PI call on Heap should not have been called, but as they say, good teams don't put themselves in those situations. The Ravens had so many chances to tie that game, give credit to the Bengals D.

Turn Off Ads?