Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Kentucky vs. Louisville Thread (Pigskin Edition)....

Re: The Official Kentucky vs. Louisville Thread (Pigskin Edition)....

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As an alumnus of a rival SEC school, I'm thrilled that the UK folks are so pleased with Rich Brooks. What I fear is a young, energetic coach like a Brian Kelly or a young up and coming Urban Meyer type to energize that program. Rich Brooks is no threat recruiting wise or whatever to make a dent in the powers that be in the SEC.

That being said it was a very nice win over Louisville. Congrats!
    I have a feeling that Brooks will retire soon, whether it be after this season or in the next two or three. Barnhardt has made some great hires and I think with the talent level significantly improved they could land an up and coming head coach.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Kentucky will beat Tennessee this year. They have come close, especially last year, and Tennessee is down. If Kentucky beats Arkansas next week(which I doubt, considering it is a home game and they are coming off a loss to Bama), they will be in the top 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As an alumnus of a rival SEC school, I'm thrilled that the UK folks are so pleased with Rich Brooks. What I fear is a young, energetic coach like a Brian Kelly or a young up and coming Urban Meyer type to energize that program. Rich Brooks is no threat recruiting wise or whatever to make a dent in the powers that be in the SEC.

That being said it was a very nice win over Louisville. Congrats!
    Don't read too much into what I said. I simply said that my previous level of criticism of his hiring was unwarranted. I had zero faith in him and I was wrong. That doesn't translate into my being "so pleased" and thinking he's the man to take the program to the next level. I just now feel that he was a good choice to do what he has done: bring the program from the doldrums of probation to respectability.

Kentucky was not going to get a young up and coming Urban Meyer type with the program in the shape it was in. They might not when Brooks steps down, either, but the odds of that are much better than they were when he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Don't read too much into what I said. I simply said that my previous level of criticism of his hiring was unwarranted. I had zero faith in him and I was wrong. That doesn't translate into my being "so pleased" and thinking he's the man to take the program to the next level. I just now feel that he was a good choice to do what he has done: bring the program from the doldrums of probation to respectability.

Kentucky was not going to get a young up and coming Urban Meyer type with the program in the shape it was in. They might not when Brooks steps down, either, but the odds of that are much better than they were when he arrived.
    They already have a young up and coming "coach in the wings." That is our offensive C. Joker Phillips. He will be the 2nd black head coach in the SEC....mark it down.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Does anyone have any good recipes for crow? I've got some to eat.

I have been very outspoken about my dislike for the hiring of Rich Brooks, but I was very wrong. UK has got a tough road ahead this year (because of SEC schedule) and may yet end up 6-6, but even if that happens, Brooks has gotten this program into a good position for the future. I take back all the bad things I've said about his hiring.

Now that I've given Brooks his due, I've just got to ask this question:

What on earth was he thinking about by kicking the one-point extra point at the end of the game and not going for two?!?!

I know there was lots of commotion, but someone on that sideline has got to get his attention in that spot and remind him that a six-point lead is no better than a five-point lead. How bad would that have looked if Louisville had somehow scored and kicked an extra point of their own? Sorry to bring this up after a great win, but it was a huge blunder nevertheless.
    During his after game press conference, Brooks said it was a horrible mistake, and they did not have time to set up a play without a penalty. They should of planned for it, they were just hoping for a field goal chance. Brooks said that they noticed at half-time that the free-safety's cheated toward the middle and the side-lines were wide-open for a big play.

The Louisville coach said after the game they were not in a "prevent defense"....wow....that they were playing their regular zone defense. Someone should tell him that "this ain't Tulsa baby" and Andre Woodson is the best QB you will face all year.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    They already have a young up and coming "coach in the wings." That is our offensive C. Joker Phillips. He will be the 2nd black head coach in the SEC....mark it down.
    Yep. He's going to be next in line for the job. I for one think that after Brooks stabilizes the program, that Joker is going to bring it to new heights.

GO CATS!!!!

Turn Off Ads?