Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Adam Dunn is having a pretty good season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Adam Dunn is having a pretty good season

He surpassed the 100 rbi mark last night. He's on pace to hit 40+ HR's again.

His K's are down.

If he gets his average into the .270's, I think it's a sign that Adam has improved his hitting this year.

Re: Adam Dunn is having a pretty good season

The guy acts like he wants that extra $13 million next year. It's good to see him having a good September.

Yup......this is the point that I expected him to tail off dramaticaly, but he's still going. Keep it up Dunn.

The Batting Average is a good thing. As stated previously, the difference between .250 and .270 is TEN (10) hits during a 162 game schedule, or one hit every 16 games, just under 2 hits per month.

The more telling story is that he's STILL hitting 40+ HR/100+ RBI and will be near 100 R and BB as well - all while accounting for over 20% of the TOTAL runs scored by the Reds. That kind of guy you would think is worth keeping around.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

... and Jessica Alba is a reasonably attractive young lady. [smirk]

Just do the $13 million club option now and move on. 40-100-100 is worth it as frustrating as Dunn can be.

Senor Votto

Wasn't good enough for some people

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Wasn't good enough for some people
    I am one of those, I admit...but if he keeps doing what he's doing...making more consistent contact and hitting the ball the other way 13 million by baseball standards with his production is a bargain.

I will give it to him he seems to have actually improved his game a bit in the second half. He still frustrates me to no end though.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I have always said we should try and give Dunn that extension. Bruce will probably replace Griffey in 2009, and we have no one at this time to replace Dunn's production. I would imagine a 3-4 year deal would give us time to get help from the minors.

Turn Off Ads?