Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How much depth is too much?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    uoduck1017

How much depth is too much?

Some of you might have this problem also. I have Shaun Alexander, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Adrian Peterson with only 2 RB slots. I also have Julius Jones and Ladell Betts, but they're basically just for bye weeks. I figured Peterson would eventually get a lot of touches, but not this quickly. Would you keep the 3 and play the match-ups or try to trade one to get better at another position?

Re: How much depth is too much?

Try to get a high production WR for MJD. He simply is not going to come close to the season he had last year, especially with Fred Taylor still around.

Once Taylor is gone, then MJD will produce closer to last year.

Relying on a rookie RB is tough, but with Jones and Betts to back him up to go along with Alexander (who had a cast on today at practice btw) you would still have quality depth.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Try to get a high production WR for MJD. He simply is not going to come close to the season he had last year, especially with Fred Taylor still around.

Once Taylor is gone, then MJD will produce closer to last year.

Relying on a rookie RB is tough, but with Jones and Betts to back him up to go along with Alexander (who had a cast on today at practice btw) you would still have quality depth.
    I agree with this, try to get rid of MJD. Taylor is still around and Greg Jones is back this year, so he will probably take away goal line carries.

uoduck1017

That's what I'm thinking right now. I know Peterson is just a rookie, but he is an absolute beast. Plus, he is running behind one of the best offensive lines in football.

No matter how good Peterson is, the Vikings are intent on playing Chester Taylor as well. That said, if it isn't a keeper league, I trade Peterson as his value this season probably won't get any higher.

Hold on to MJD, Fred Taylor is ancient.

uoduck1017

I traded Maurice Jones-Drew and Wes Welker for Javon Walker and Brandon Jacobs. I know Jacobs is injured, but I like trading for players when their value is low. Now my starting lineup looks like this:

Carson Palmer QB
    Javon Walker WR
    Anquan Boldin WR
    Andre Johnson WR
    Shaun Alexander RB
    Adrian Peterson RB
    Vernon Davis TE
    Josh Brown K
    Baltimore DEF

Maybe I gave up a lot to upgrade my WR core, but I like the trade and my new roster.

Depth is only bad when it hurts you other positions. I had Palmer and Manning once. That hurt me to an extent.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?