Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More indications that Lookouts may end Reds affiliation

Re: More indications that Lookouts may end Reds affiliation

I know its a huge longshot, but if they did make the Legends the Reds AA Club, I'd be first in line for season tix.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why does everyone think its such a long shot? Seems like a perfect fit to me. (I may be a little biased). It would be great for the Lexington club to be Reds farm team, and I cant see how it would be bad for the Reds either. I wish this never came up. Now im just getting my hopes up.....

I think Dayton to AA and Bowling green as an A ball team makes a lot of sense too.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    Why does everyone think its such a long shot? Seems like a perfect fit to me. (I may be a little biased). It would be great for the Lexington club to be Reds farm team, and I cant see how it would be bad for the Reds either. I wish this never came up. Now im just getting my hopes up.....
    Don't get your hopes up.....

The odds of Lexington becoming the Reds AA franchise are incredibly, incredibly low...

Read the article about the Lexington owner, he talks about how little chance it has.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think Dayton to AA and Bowling green as an A ball team makes a lot of sense too.
    Don't worry, JaxRed will destroy this notion too.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Well, now that you mention it......

Teams changing affiliation has nothing to do with a city getting a higher franchise. Nothing.

If some city like Lexington or Dayton wants to get a AA team, you get excited when you hear that a AA team is up for sale, or the owner wants to move the team.

That's when the Lexington's and Dayton's of the world have a chance to move up.
    Ironically it's easier for a team with no city (as Dayton and Lexington were recently) to pick up a franchise.

And you have to fit geographically with the league. And for both Dayton and Lexington it's a problem.

There are 3 AA leagues: Texas (which is out for both), Southern and Eastern.

Southern - Dayton just wouldn't fit. Lexington is "iffy". Lexington would be an additional 3 hour drive from the northern most city, Knoxville.

Eastern - Lexington wouldn't fit. Dayton is "iffy". Dayton again adds 3 hours to the closest city.

So there's your chance. Find a AA team ready to move or be sold......
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Is it possible for a MLB team to buy a minor league team? Then make them the affiliate? If the Reds bought Lexington, and moved the team there, they would make money from two stadiums.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well, now that you mention it......

Teams changing affiliation has nothing to do with a city getting a higher franchise. Nothing.

If some city like Lexington or Dayton wants to get a AA team, you get excited when you hear that a AA team is up for sale, or the owner wants to move the team.

That's when the Lexington's and Dayton's of the world have a chance to move up.
    Ironically it's easier for a team with no city (as Dayton and Lexington were recently) to pick up a franchise.

And you have to fit geographically with the league. And for both Dayton and Lexington it's a problem.

There are 3 AA leagues: Texas (which is out for both), Southern and Eastern.

Southern - Dayton just wouldn't fit. Lexington is "iffy". Lexington would be an additional 3 hour drive from the northern most city, Knoxville.

Eastern - Lexington wouldn't fit. Dayton is "iffy". Dayton again adds 3 hours to the closest city.

So there's your chance. Find a AA team ready to move or be sold......
    Last edited by gedred69; 09-24-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: no post

Turn Off Ads?