Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oden likely out for 2007-2008

wvkeeper

Re: Oden likely out for 2007-2008

Sam Bowie

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    Hmmmm. No one seems to be harping on how he should have stayed at OSU now.
    Actually, most people on this board understood that Oden's decision was the correct one. it doesn't mean that OSU fans didn't *want* him back, but I remember hardly anyone claiming that his was a bad decision.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

This guy is going to go down as one of the greatest bust ever. He could barely stay on the floor during college. If it wasn't an injury it was foul trouble. Now he is out for his first NBA year.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    This guy is going to go down as one of the greatest bust ever. He could barely stay on the floor during college. If it wasn't an injury it was foul trouble. Now he is out for his first NBA year.

He is 19 years old, if he sits out 1 year he starts his NBA career at 20. Thats a little soon to call the guy a bust.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He is 19 years old, if he sits out 1 year he starts his NBA career at 20. Thats a little soon to call the guy a bust.
    Right, let the kid/freakishly old man play when he's healthy before labeling him a bust.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

How about if I just call him a bust now. I have seen Oden play and have seen him pile up these injuries. I read today that he has one leg longer than the other. That can't be good for a seven footer.

I'm not saying it is set in stone, it is just my opinion. Bust.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 09-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Actually, most people on this board understood that Oden's decision was the correct one. it doesn't mean that OSU fans didn't *want* him back, but I remember hardly anyone claiming that his was a bad decision.
    That's true, but there were several people arguing that the college/OSU experience was worth more than an NBA contract. People are entitled to that opinion, but it would have been a disaster for Oden if he had not entered the draft and suffered an injury like this one.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

One of our local paper's columnists who covers the NBA beat says that the surgery Oden is having can be career-changing... and not in a good way. I believe the sentence he used was "Ask the Phoenix Suns whether Amare Stoudamire is the same player he was before he had this surgery."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    One of our local paper's columnists who covers the NBA beat says that the surgery Oden is having can be career-changing... and not in a good way. I believe the sentence he used was "Ask the Phoenix Suns whether Amare Stoudamire is the same player he was before he had this surgery."
    Very true. He's got a tough road ahead.

Anfernee Hardaway and Kerry Kittles were never the smae players.

But there have been some successes with it... Chris Webber and Jason Kidd.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/microfracture.html Here's a list of players who have had the micro-fracture surgery.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Ha ha ha.

Good one.

How about if I just call him a bust now.
    Well, I could call myself Emperor, and it would mean about as much.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    That's true, but there were several people arguing that the college/OSU experience was worth more than an NBA contract.
    Oh yeah, I can tell you right now that there's no way I would have traded those 25˘ drafts at Sloopy's for a $100 million NBA contract. That would have been lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Well, I could call myself Emperor, and it would mean about as much.
    What exactly is your point? That I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the matter unless it lines up with yours?

Why is it OK for everyone to opine that Oden is the next great center but it isn't OK for anyone to have the opposite feeling?

I don't see any of these sarcastic Emperor post when someone predicts great things for Oden.

Oden hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet and he is already the Tiger Woods of hyped returns.

How does a core of OJ Mayo, Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Greg Oden sound for 2008-2009?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?