Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kids these days.

On the brink of disaster

Kids these days.

Ok, its rant time. I live in an apartment complex in Mt. Washington... People moved in about 6 months ago downstairs and have been nothing but trouble since then. They accused myself and my roommates of peeing off our balcony, throwing trash on the ground and other things, which none of us ever do. Then a van started coming in at midnight or later every night honking its horn for some odd reason and a couple of the kids ran out to it.. That happened for about 2 months every single night. Along with that, I can't tell how many people live there because there are constantly kids going in and out of there and gathering around our cars in the parking lot. Cars around here have been broken into and our apartment was actually broken into, fortunately nothing was stolen, I believe they fled when I started unlocking the front door. I swear I heard someone rustling around in the apartment, and both my roommates were out of town, and when I got in there the back balcony door was wide open. None of my roomates would have been there during the day. Now, we've began smelling Marijuana in the hallway and it is so strong tonight, that there is no refusing it. Luckily we are moving out at the end of the month. I know I shouldn't blame people of doing things I didn't see them do, but dang it seems so obvious that all of the break ins started when they moved in and I feel almost certain they are responsible. The hallway stinks so bad tonight, I mean it just reeks of weed. I don't know if I should call the cops or just report it to the apartment management tomorrow, but man, how stupid can you be? We have six apartments in the building, one is vacant, and two have families with kids who are really young, and the fifth is rented by the county for mentally disabled people. So in my mind that only leaves the one apartment for where the smell is coming from... It's just so frustrating, you just want to see the people get what they deserve, but you can't let that urge rule you... Man, how frustrating.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Re: Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    Luckily we are moving out at the end of the month.
    I feel for ya. But b/c of the above statement, I'd just remain silent and look forward to getting out at month's end. I am afraid calling the police or complaining to management might invite trouble from the bad apartment. It sucks, but doing nothing b/c you are moving is the advice I'd give.

According to your profile, you are 21 years old. Why single them out as kids, and not as idiots?

If your apartment was broken into and you didn't call the cops you have no one to blame but yourself.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    If your apartment was broken into and you didn't call the cops you have no one to blame but yourself.
    I did when the apartment was broken into, but there was no proving who did it. Since nothing was stolen there wasn't much they could do.
    Last edited by acredsfan; 09-15-2007 at 11:16 AM.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    According to your profile, you are 21 years old. Why single them out as kids, and not as idiots?
    These "kids" are not even old enough to drive. I'm not saying I'm old, but I don't consider myself a kid anymore. Young man, maybe, but not kid. They are both kids and idiots.

That sucks. Not sure what else you could do, but consistently call the cops. Eventually it will pressure the landlord to get rid of them or they will need to find a new hang out due to arrests or the police "bothering" them.

But if you're out at the end of the month, I'd just stick it out, which really sucks.

School's out. What did you expect?

They call me "chef"

Why didn't you reveal up front that you were 21? Trying to hide something?

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post

???

Future Reds All Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Does it really matter . I have met many 21 year olds and younger that have it together better than 35 to 40 year olds I know.

Anyway...

Because you are moving out, I would just keep an eye on them and possible include a letter to the landlord as you leave. Let him/her know what you have experienced since they moved in (everything). That way when it keeps up after you move out, and I am sure it will he/she will know it wasn't just you or all in your head. I bet the county for mentally disabled people would have a great interest in knowing what is going on in that building!!

They call me "chef"

Sorry I was laughing at Bengalsown's comment as I was walking out the door and I forgot to finish my post. I was going to put a smiley face.

Turn Off Ads?