Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100 Players You Love to Hate

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: 100 Players You Love to Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The list was meant as players who the teams own fans like to hate, that's why there was a special Yankees, Mets, and Phillies division of the list.

And yes, Cincinnati fans seem to hate Adam more than any other fans, well except for Bob Wickman's family, I bet they hate Adam Dunn the most.
    Exactly.

That's why Bobby Abreu, Pat Burrell and Adam Dunn are all on the same list.

Pat Burrell hasn't been run out of Philly (yet), and Adam Dunn also hasn't been run out of Cincy (yet).

Philly did a great job with Bobby Abreu though. Just think where that team would be had they not given him away to the Yankees for a bag of peanuts, a foam finger and an Amtrak pass.

2. Turn Off Ads?

since i keep notes of games i listen to at work; this should prove interesting:

1. until midway through August, the Brenamen's and Brantley were a consensus the Hopper is better than Dunn.

2. Doc and Tracy Jones have both said on their programs that Dunn is "a waste of time and effort," and "can only hit in meaningless" situations. thus both wanted Dunn axed for draft picks until his August performance.

3. as far as i can tell, Chris Welsh has always loved Dunn, and supported him when most fans and broadcasters would not.

4. if you're not Jim Edmonds or Andruw Jones, George Grande thinks you are a lack luster outfielder.

5. Extra Innings (which I only listen to to drown out customers) has gone from anti-Dunn (he strikes out too much and only hits homers on ESPN) to Dunn is great (he is the epitome of the Big Red Machine offense).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I don't live in Cincinnati. Is this anywhere near being true or a huge exaggeration?

I'm thinking Dunn doesn't belong in that group.
    Yeah it's a small sample size, but the vast majority of the people I work with consider Dunn to be overpaid and essentially worthless to this team. Despite my efforts to convince them otherwise they still think he's lazy, unmotivated, K's too much and plays terrible defense. As much as I hate to blame them, it's this town's media that has shaped their opinions and I doubt there's much that can be done to change it.

I do make a point though the day after Dunn has come through in a big moment in the game the night before to point it out and throw out some good Dunn numbers, but I don't seem to be making much headway.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Turn Off Ads?