Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Job Networking help

Job Networking help

Hey all professionals,
    I'm looking at changing up my career path a little bit.
    I'm going to a conference for three days next week and need a little advice as to how to effectively network and anything in general that will help.

Thanks.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Job Networking help

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Hey all professionals,
    I'm looking at changing up my career path a little bit.
    I'm going to a conference for three days next week and need a little advice as to how to effectively network and anything in general that will help.

Thanks.
    Talk to lots of people and ask them lots of questions about their jobs. What they like, what they dislike, strengths needed to excel, pitfalls, etc.

Don't grill them like a Nazi interogation, but at the same time be more focused on getting them to talk about their career than you explaining what you are looking for. If that makes any sense.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Re: Job Networking help

Granted, the site realy has an overarching global networking perspective, but you might want to visit this site for some ideas:

http://www.xing.com/

Good luck!
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Turn Off Ads?