Worth The Wait

NFL Picks: Week 3

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Last Week: 11-5
    Season: 24-8
    Record Picking Redskins Games: 1-1
    Against the Spread: 5-2-1
    Lock of the Week: 2-0

Last Week’s Pats: Rode the Packers to an upset win for the second straight week. I also nailedthe Vikings-Lions game right down to the final score. But my “pat on the back” of the week goesto my Colts-Titans prediction. Many thought I was nuts to predict a close Colts victory, but I came within one point of getting that final score exactly correct as well.

Last Week’s Apologies: Got burned by the Rams for the second straight week, but the game I really didn’t see coming was Tampa Bay’s dismantling of New Orleans. The Saints look simply horrendous right now.

This Week’s Picks:

Arizona at Baltimore: Don’t be too quick to dismiss the Cardinals here. The Ravens will most likely give Matt Leinart a hard time, but Arizona’s defense is no slouch. I see a tight, low-scoring affair.

Ravens 16, Cardinals 13

San Diego at Green Bay: A brutal way to start the season for San Diego opening at home with Chicago and then two long road trips to New England and Green Bay. Frustration is already mounting for the Chargers offense and they won’t get much relief this week from a solid Green Bay defense. Having said that, I do think San Diego finds a way to win this one.

Chargers 20, Packers 17

St. Louis at Tampa Bay: I am 0-2 predicting the Rams this year (the team I picked to win the NFC West). Not only are they 0-2, but they are 0-2 at home. Now, they go on the road to face a Tampa team that throttled the Saints last week. For now, I am going to be stubborn and stick with the Rams. But if they lose this one, I am officially off the bandwagon.

Rams 21, Bucs 17

San Francisco at Pittsburgh: The 49ers defense is for real, period. That unit is getting after people, and I think the Steelers offense is in for a rude awakening this week. But I do not yet trust Alex Smith to lead his team on the road against a quality defense.

Steelers 17, 49ers 13

Detroit at Philadelphia: This is simply a “law of averages” prediction. So far, there is little evidence to think the 0-2 Eagles will beat the 2-0 Lions. But I just can’t see Detroit at 3-0, while Philly sits at 0-3. Look for a big game from Brian Westbrook.

Eagles 24, Lions 20

Miami at New York Jets: Whoever loses this one can pretty much pack it in for 2007. The Dolphins should be getting their luggage ready.

Jets 20, Dolphins 16

Buffalo at New England: Won’t be quite as ugly as many expect because I could see the Pats “playing down” to the Bills a bit this week. Still, the Bills have no chance to win this game.

Patriots 27, Bills 14

Minnesota at Kansas City: Desperation time in Kansas City. If you enjoy watching quality quarterback play, under no circumstances should you tune into this game. Flip a coin and take the home team.

Chiefs 19, Vikings 16

Indianapolis at Houston: Losing Andre Johnson is a gigantic blow for the super-hot Texans. Without Johnson, the Colts will be able to clamp down on the Texans attack and shrink the field for Matt Schaub. Houston has caught everyone’s attention—including the Colts.

Colts 30, Texans 17

Cincinnati at Seattle: The Bengals defense is coming off one of the worst performances in NFL history. Seattle is coming off a loss they almost literally “handed” to Arizona. I expect both teams to be a bit ornery this week, with Carson Palmer getting the last laugh.

Bengals 24, Seahawks 23

Cleveland at Oakland: How do you gauge the Browns after their 51 point explosion? Was it legitimate, or a freak occurrence against a leaky defense? Hard to say at this point. For now, I’ll give Derek Anderson the benefit of the doubt.

Browns 22, Raiders 20

Jacksonville at Denver: The Broncos are two plays away from being 0-2, but winning close games is a good sign—especially for Jay Cutler. It won’t be that close this week as Jacksonville’s pathetic offense will be stonewalled by the Denver defense.

Broncos 20, Jaguars 9

New York Giants at Washington: If the Giants fall to 0-3, and 0-2 in the NFC East, the current media swarm will turn into a frenzy and the Giants will melt away for 2007. This is a must-win for New York and a must-win for Washington if they expect anyone to take their 2-0 start seriously. Despite the Giants laughable defense, expect a close game.

Redskins 23, Giants 20

Carolina at Atlanta: The Falcons are just what the doctor ordered for the Panthers.

Panthers 28, Falcons 13

Dallas at Chicago: Upset of the week. I was as unimpressed with the Bears offense in week as I was in week one. Dallas certainly won’t “light up” the Bears defense like they did against the Giants and Dolphins, but Tony Romo will outplay Rex Grossman and lead the Cowboys to an ugly victory.

Cowboys 17, Bears 16

Tennessee at New Orleans: One more week New Orleans, that’s all I’m giving you.

Saints 27, Titans 20

4 To Score

1. San Francisco (-9) against the Steelers: The Steelers will probably win, but this spread is way off.
    2. St. Louis (-4) against the Bucs: A bit nerve-wracking leaning so heavily on an 0-2 team, but the Rams are better than they’ve shown thus far.
    3. Carolina (+4) against the Falcons: I just don’t see how Atlanta is going to score this week.
    4. Arizona (-7.5) against the Ravens: Don’t trust the Ravens offense to distance themselves in any individual game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL Picks: Week 3

Pretty good picks.

A couple points:
    * I think the Colts/Texans game will be closer then that
    * And I think the Vikings win

Good games:
    * Cowboys/Bears
    * Cardinals/Ravens
    * Bengirls/Seahawks

Which one is MNF this week?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Pretty good picks.

A couple points:
    * I think the Colts/Texans game will be closer then that
    * And I think the Vikings win

Good games:
    * Cowboys/Bears
    * Cardinals/Ravens
    * Bengirls/Seahawks

Which one is MNF this week?
    Saints/Titan is the MNF game this week.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Blah. Whats with MNF SUCKING almost every week? I remember them doing that last year too.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

That Cards/Ravens game is intriguing...

I hope it's on locally before the Bengals game (FOX) - but we may get Steelers vs 49ers, which to me is less intriguing...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-19-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Worth The Wait

Matt-- Use this site and never "wonder" which game you will get ever again...

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2007-03-FOX1.html

Or, just be like me and get Sunday Ticket...worth every penny, every year.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I guess I get Steelers then...thanks

Bengals better win with me there.

And yes I'm bragging. Hoping it's a 2-0 road trip.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?