Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Vehicle Recovered from a Bengals Home(wanna guess which one?)

Stolen Vehicle Recovered from a Bengals Home(wanna guess which one?)

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14153845/detail.html?taf=cin

FLORENCE, Ky. -- Police recovered a stolen vehicle Wednesday evening from the home of Chris Henry.

An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway, ran the license plates and discovered the car had been reported stolen by a rental-car company.

Henry told investigators that his own vehicle had been stolen in Louisiana, where he is from originally, and he rented a car from Hertz.

The Bengals' wide receiver said he thought his insurance company was paying for the car, so he had not made any payment for the vehicle.

Authorities said Hertz had not received payment from Henry or his insurance company, and the car was reported stolen.

Henry is serving an eight-game NFL suspension following several arrests since he joined the team in 2005.

Police said they did not know whether Henry would face charges related to the stolen car.

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, resulting in two benchings by Lewis and a two-game league suspension.

He was one of nine Bengals arrested in a nine-month period.
    I think its time to cut him loose if this ends up being true.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stolen Vehicle Recovered from a Bengals Home(wanna guess which one?)

"stupid is as stupid does"

I honestly believe him when he says he thought his insurance was paying for it. He's stupid enough to think that.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Lets over react guys.

... ugh

Why would a cop know what a "usual" car to be at Henry's house is? Unless it was parked on the roof or something, that...could get interesting.

His explanation is plausible, but no excuse. He'll probably have to pay a bunch of fees, return the car, and the matter will be closed. No big deal, really.

Don't most car rental companies demand a credit card or a debit card right up from? certainly Hertz does, I doubt they just let him walk in and take off with the car and a promise of "I'll pay you later"

Something odd here.
    Go Gators!

An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway, ran the license plates and discovered the car had been reported stolen by a rental-car company.
    I would love to know the full story behind that because something is not adding up there.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Who finds it hard to believe Chris Henry drove a rental car from LA to KY?

Color me skeptical.

Is it legal for cops to drive to someone's house for no reason and start running plates?

He had no business being there and he had no reason to run the plates. No one reported a crime, he wasn't on the lookout for the car. What was he doing?

I'm not one who believes people should get off when cops do something wrong, a crime was either commited or it wasn't. But the "I didn't recognize the car" reasoning doesn't make any sense. Is it really the job of law enforcement to keep tabs on the cars parked in the drveways of NFL players who smoke pot?

Sounds like Henry has become a prize grab for the police in Florence. I just wonder what is being overlooked in Florence while the cops keep an eye on Henry and make sure he isn't providing more wine coolers to minors.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Is it legal for cops to drive to someone's house for no reason and start running plates?

He had no business being there and he had no reason to run the plates. No one reported a crime, he wasn't on the lookout for the car. What was he doing?

I'm not one who believes people should get off when cops do something wrong, a crime was either commited or it wasn't. But the "I didn't recognize the car" reasoning doesn't make any sense. Is it really the job of law enforcement to keep tabs on the cars parked in the drveways of NFL players who smoke pot?

Sounds like Henry has become a prize grab for the police in Florence. I just wonder what is being overlooked in Florence while the cops keep an eye on Henry and make sure he isn't providing more wine coolers to minors.

Profiling is a very useful tool for law enforcement agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I would love to know the full story behind that because something is not adding up there.
    I fully agree with you. What does this officer mean when he says he "spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway, ran the license plates"

Are they watching Henry that closely and looking for anything they can that they're checking every car's plates that come into his driveway?

But I will say this.... as much trouble this guy has been in, he needs to take that extra care right now, due to those troubles, and make sure he "crosses every T and dots every I", just to be on the safe side.

He appears to be rather careless.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Profiling is a very useful tool for law enforcement agencies.
    I agree, but what were they profiling? This sound along the lines of harassment or looking for anything they can on this guy.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-20-2007 at 08:43 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Don't most car rental companies demand a credit card or a debit card right up from? certainly Hertz does, I doubt they just let him walk in and take off with the car and a promise of "I'll pay you later"

Something odd here.
    In addition to that, every time that I have rented a car the rental company wanted to know a rough estimate of when they might be getting that car back. Go figure. Of course, there may be some open-ended rental agreements with which I am not familiar.

Turn Off Ads?