Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dunn rips Wrigley field! read this today

Dunn rips Wrigley field! read this today

Dunn is down on Wrigley

September 20, 2007
    BY GORDON WITTENMYER gwittenmyer@suntimes.com

Cincinnati Reds left fielder Adam Dunn ripped Wrigley Field after teammate Ken Griffey Jr. was injured on a play in the eighth inning Wednesday night.

''That outfield is dangerous,'' Dunn said. ''I'm surprised more people don't get injured out there. It's worse than playing in a parking lot.''

After appearing to slip while fielding Derrek Lee's single to right, Griffey lobbed the ball back in, then doubled over in pain and crumpled to the ground. The initial diagnosis was an abdominal strain.

RELATED STORIES
    Who needs rest? Not Lilly
    Told that concerts were held in the outfield earlier this summer, Dunn said: ''It looks like they had a monster truck rally. It's terrible. There are potholes. It's bad. It's unsafe.''

The quality of the outdated, crowned playing surface at Wrigley has been an issue for years. But Cubs shortstop Ryan Theriot, who has spent a lot of practice time in the outfield, defended his home turf.

''Yeah, they've got some spots out there,'' he said. ''Yeah, it's tough. But there are a lot of other places just like that.

Now who thinks Dunn is going to come and play for the CUBS???
    Reds fan since 1970

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Re: Dunn rips Wrigley field! read this today

Just another reason to hate the Cubs...

I'll make that reason #611 to hate them.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

This really doesn't suprise me. Wrigley is the most overrated ballpark in baseball. I understand that it is a legendary stadium. I also realize that it has a stench of cat urine. Atleast that is what they said during a Cubs broadcast. Maybe it's goat urine.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

The cubs have the money to totally redo the outfield....no excuses. Just dig it up and redo it in sod.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Just another reason to hate the Cubs...
    I really didn't need any more. Go Brewers! (And I'm not really a Brewer fan, I just don't like the Cubs). My favorite "T"-shirt this summer was on StL fans: "Favorite teams are StL and whoever beats the Cubs". Substitute Reds for StL, and I'll buy one!!

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I really didn't need any more. Go Brewers! (And I'm not really a Brewer fan, I just don't like the Cubs). My favorite "T"-shirt this summer was on StL fans: "Favorite teams are StL and whoever beats the Cubs". Substitute Reds for StL, and I'll buy one!!
    Mine was at a White Sox game that said: Wrigley Field largest gay bar in the US!

I also like the Hat of Shame from "Get Fuzzy"! (I feel inept)

Go Brewers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i was at the game tuesday...i really dislike Cub fans!
    Reds fan since 1970

Dunn is the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Dunn is the man.
    It is always nice to see somebody question something that's overrated. They do need a new field, if not a whole new stadium.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

The bad part is its falling apart, but because of it's historic place in the city they wont even give it a much needed face lift...
    Reds fan since 1970

Turn Off Ads?