Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Rudi is definitely out. Sportscenter is reporting that Kenny Watson will get the nod.

God I would love to beat the Patriots.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

They will.

I have a hunch. Bengals 31-28. Graham will kick a game winning FG despite a bad snap and hitting both posts and the crossbar.

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    They will.

I have a hunch. Bengals 31-28. Graham will kick a game winning FG despite a bad snap and hitting both posts and the crossbar.

That would be the Bungles all right!!

It's pretty tough to have a "must win" against New England. Just shows you got to win the games against bad teams like the Browns. 2-2 sounds alot better than 1-3 after Monday night.
    I want the Bengals to win, but it's a tough task.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

It's a home game. The Bengals will be healthier than they have been in the past two weeks. Anything could happen.

That said, I really will be surprised if the Bengals can keep it close.

I am looking forward to seeing what Watson can do.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Cheaters 38 Defenseless Kitttys 7
    Last edited by MaineRed; 09-28-2007 at 08:05 AM.

I'm kind of glad I will be working that night.
    Being a glutton for punishment, I might turn on the radio - but I'm afraid it might end up in the compactor before half time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Cheaters 38 Defenseless Kitttys 7

The Bengals are facing the #1 offense and #1 defense overall. Gonna be a tough one; but anything is possible. They are going to have to play a mistake free game IMO to even have a shot.

Where area do I think they are going to get "burned" at? Special teams.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

This is the kind of game where the Bengals seem to pull their heads out of their collective rear ends, focus, and win. There is a part of me that thinks that they can pull this one out despite how badly it looks on paper.

Having said that, however, there is also a part of me that says they'll lose by 3 touchdowns...a big part of me.

I'll be there regardless, though, dressed in my silly orange jersey and drinking copious amounts of wobbly pops (we have a hotel room for the night).

Go Bengals!!!

A lot of talking yourself into a non-disaster here, IMO. This one is a no-brainer. Don't out-think yourself. I'll run through the streets of Minnesota naked in the middle of winter if the Bengals are within 10 points in this game. This is going to be a slaughter. I'm thinking at least 20 points.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    A lot of talking yourself into a non-disaster here, IMO. This one is a no-brainer. Don't out-think yourself. I'll run through the streets of Minnesota naked in the middle of winter if the Bengals are within 10 points in this game. This is going to be a slaughter. I'm thinking at least 20 points.
    Wow. The guys in Vegas only think it's a 6 pt game. If you're that confident, go make some easy money.

I think the Bengals will build on the energy of a hometown crowd and a Monday Night and will play them hard for 3 qtrs. Then things will disintegrate, hopefully not to the tune of 20 pts but I admit that's very possible.

I can't come up with a scenario that has the Bengals winning this game. Special teams can't touch a returner inside the 30, the defense can't stop anything unless they get turnovers (the Pats hardly ever turn it over), they don't know who will be playing offensive line, Rudi's out, the Pats will be all over Chad and TJ, the Bengals can't counter with a 3rd receiver...I just don't see how they do it. Although I think the Bengals could go 9-3 the next 12 games to make it to 10-6, you never like to see that 1-3 start to a season..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Winning on the road in the NFL is tough. The Pats look pretty strong to me, but anything is possible. Defensive execution is obviously a key. If the Bengals D stay in their places and remember their assignments, they have a chance.

But the real problem is the special teams. If the Bengals can't keep the Pats from scoring on punts and kick offs and if they can't keep them from starting north of the 30 yard line on every drive, then the defense will be in a heap by the end of the game. If you ask me, I think the real problem with the defense is the special teams. When you go through a game constantly having to fight off great field position for the other team, then you are bound to start trying to make too many things happen. You start to act alone rather than as part of your team.

The offense can score, even with R. Johnson out. It'd be a heck of a lot nicer to have him in there, but I really feel like they can keep up the running game well enough to keep the Pats from keying on the receiving corps. It doesn't take much; TJ and Chad don't need but a sliver of room to make things happen.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The Bengals probably will pull out a win. All logic says it will be a slaughter so that's why I'll pick them. The past couple years the Bengals always seem to let down in the easy games and come to play in the big games. But the offense will have to show up if they want to keep it close.

Here are two reasons:

The Bengals are 3-0 when wearing the orange jerseys.
    The Bengals are 4-0 in primetime game at PBS under Marvin Lewis.

It's a lethal combo.

Honestly this game reminds me of the Denver Monday night game aa few years ago. The Bengals were 1-4 and the Broncos were 5-1. The Bengals came out and whipped the Mile High Horsees. Chad had a huge game that night.

Turn Off Ads?